PDA

View Full Version : where did all the hogs go?

charleseq
03-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Just a question. did I just fall in with the wrong people or what happened. I have made two trips to texas to hunt hogs both times I have been told come on down we got hogs all over the place day and night.

well my trips are about 650 to 800 miles round trips I bring 5 or more rifles a couple pistols and 300 rounds of ammo. a 6 or 8 cubic foot deep freeze.

two trips later I still have all my ammo and a empty deep freeze.http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/neutral.gifhttp://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/frown.gif

CODY
03-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Where in Texas were you hunting for hogs both times.

marshall
03-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Must've been at my place...LOL

rudderbowsarchery
03-08-2009, 10:45 AM
We have been to the Langley ranch twice and went home with 6 Hogs each trip. we also checked out the Smith ranch and met Dan who runs the place and we saw a bunch over there as well. Centerville seems to have a ton of them running around.

charleseq
03-08-2009, 03:25 PM
I hunter south of dallas about 60 miles was taken to three diffrent sites one night hunting and the other two day hunts out of blinds.

the last hunt was west of fort worth 40 miles along a river thats name I can't think of at the moment. I saw a lot of tracks there but no hogs came to the feeder either night.

I just want to put some meat inthe freezer and mayby hang a head on the wall.

dougepooo
03-10-2009, 02:21 PM
I went last weekend and filled five feeders, buried sour corn and put cameras on all five spots. This last weekend I went and had 0 ppictures of pigs. I know this happens and is to be expected but it is foour hours away. my question is how long would you expect it to take before they are back? I dont want to go there everyweekend to no avail.

txbhunter1
03-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Ihave had them leave for several months before they came back before. Just the nature of the beast.

CODY
03-11-2009, 05:49 AM
This time last year the hogs were hittin the feeders hard where I hunt. This year they're very hit or miss, almost not at all.

Jason
03-11-2009, 06:07 AM
i know when i was in oklahoma the one hog set up i had the hogs came to the feeder every third day but they always came out right after dark and its a no no to hunt at night in oklahoma.