PDA

View Full Version : gps trackin system

SChogdog
03-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Is anyone using the Garmin gps tracking unit one their hogdogs? Some of the local bearhunters swear by em but the only one Ive actualy seen in use was giving the user fits (it may have just been the user). It seems like it would be the trick but I would like some more info from people that are using it (all the pros & cons) before i spent the $.

USHogOutfitters
03-28-2009, 05:03 AM
I have been using the garmin astro since it came out. I used the dc20s for several years and since I have switched to the dc30s I am even happier. It has good range around a mile and a half in the woods and over 12 miles on flat land. The astro has saved several of my dogs and is an important tool in our life. There really isnt any cons to the dc30s other than cost but I would spen 10 times as much as I did to get it again. The dc20s are good but not as far a range as the dc30s and the dc20s have half of the battery life. I have 16 extra dc20s for sale if you know anyone interested. I will make someone a great deal on them...

fivepointohno
03-28-2009, 05:13 PM
i have used them and they work real good im from florida so land is flat but i have never lost contact with them