PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Needed: Flash Websites

Videographer
03-29-2009, 11:01 AM
I've been tinkering with learning flash across the last few weeks.

This is my 1st completed Website, and if you have time I'd like to hear your opinions on it.

Timeless Blooms (http://huntingonabudget.com/testing/index.html)

Please just reply to this thread, and let me know your thoughts. One of my concerns dealing with an "All Flash" website is how many folks are not going to be able to view it, how long does the site take to load for some of you, and etc...

Please be honest, and I thank you for it.

usmcjc
03-29-2009, 11:20 AM
I just did it,, it came up real fast,, Nice girley look to the site. Sorta strange to get some nasty hog hunters to go to that site.. Could you freeze dry a hog head,, just kidding. Seems like a real good idea,, Every time I go to the florist to get out of the doghouse,, I know those cut flowers will not last a week but it is still cheaper than the jewelery store...

Just Corbin, Patty has not seen the site yet.

neilldavidson
03-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Your site loaded quick for me too and it looks great! You are right though, Flash is very tricky because not everyone has the plugin installed in their browser. I learned that the hard way when some of our members were telling me they couldn't see the "Hog Hall of Fame" on the homepage (it's a .swf file).

lawki
03-31-2009, 01:43 AM
Videographer:

These days the all flash and shockwave sites are not as an issue as days in the past. Most people have high-speed interent (cable, fiber, dsl, etc.) so the page(s) load fast with no issues as long as the player on the machine downloading the page is up to date.

The only issues I have seen is when the player is out of date, possible block by security settings on the pc, or slow download caused by internet connetion type (i.e. dial-up).

It loaded fast for me and seemed like everything was working well. Good looking website so far!

txbhunter1
03-31-2009, 01:56 AM
Loaded just fine for me also. Nice purple and pink colors. A bit too much for us hog dogs though. LOL