PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hey..

Sab
04-20-2009, 02:40 PM
I just found the site and I figure I'd say hey. Names Sab. Hog hunting definately interests me. I went last year in Georgia and I really wish Ilived closer to the hogs. It can get costly coming down from here to there...here being NY.

Few questions if you dont mind.

Is this a site for just Texas hog hunts or all hog hunts. And secondly Ive done some searching for my next hunt and as best as I can see hunts range from like $75 a day to $400. Some have an extra cost per pound some dont. So what would be a reasonable fee to expect to pay for a hunt in Texas for hogs. Nothing special, just a hog or 2.The one I got in Ga. was 145 lbs and I was dam pleased with it.

Thanks

Sab

aggiebowhunter
04-21-2009, 05:00 AM
This place is open to all kinds of hog hunting, people etc etc.. Basically we are the hog hunting authority in Texas.
Doesnt make a damn where your from.

Personally Id say you get what you pay for. Especially a day lease in Texas. If its to cheap and sounds to good to be true it probably is.

If its unlimited hogs for $75, dont expect to see alot of hogs.

There are also country club style hunts that will empty your pocket book out at the end of the weekend. Your going to have a great time but your going to pay for it.

You just need to do some research, get the emails and phone numbers of references that have hunted at the ranches you are interested in.

Dont let high fences scare you off nor small size acreage. It doesnt take alot of space for hogs.

Id say the going rate at a ranch for a hog rite now is about $1.25 - $1.75 a pound live weight. Generally lodging and cleaning fees are extra. Youll save yourself some money by doing the cleaning yourself.

Sab
04-21-2009, 09:37 AM
cool thanks

ko4925
04-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Figure this is as good as spot as any to say hi. HI EVERYBODY, My names Kraig, haven't had the pleasure of taking down a hog, YET. But in june I'll be back in the states and moving down to Florida. Txbhunter has me all fired up to put a pig in my sites. I've been cruising this site for the last day or so and I have to say I like what I see. Good people and good stories. I look forward to visiting with all of ya.

aggiebowhunter
04-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Hey Kraig hang around here i bet youll find a few good hunting spots and a few good people to take with you.
Randy

ko4925
04-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Thanks, I appreciate it. Hopefully I will.

Sab
04-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks for all the kind words guys. Hell I even have 4 friends here ! I didn't realize this was like a facebook social thing, it's cool

bratmaker
04-23-2009, 08:17 AM
It's a fun website and some great pictures! I'm like you Sab, wish it was closer to get those wild pork chops!
Shoot straight! These guys wil tell it like it is on where to hunt.
Brat

Sab
04-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Actually...living up here in NY I'm amazed that there are places where you can hunt year round without regs... We dont even have a year round yote season and if we did they would want an extra bombillion dollars in taxes and fees to hunt lol

Sab
04-23-2009, 09:18 AM
just another photo...if it works

MoreMyk
04-23-2009, 06:39 PM
I guess this is the say hello thread...Hello. Went hog hunting for the first time this weekend and got shut out. So a little internet research turned this place up. Looks like some good info and I hope to be posting some pics of dead hogs soon.