PDA

View Full Version : To Those Who Bowhunt, REad This

txbhunter1
04-24-2009, 03:59 AM
Guys,

Iread this on one of my other hunting forums and was outraged at what this women was trying to do and how she was going about it. She has not a clue as to how well such animals can be dispatched with a well placed arrow. Yes, we all have made bad shots and probably still will, but what she is trying to do is wrong. Check it out and let's hear y'alls opinion. Whatever you do, do not sign the petition.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/abolish-bowhunting-and-end-the-brutality

DrRocket
04-24-2009, 05:35 AM
you know at one time or another we are going to make a shot that will haunt us for along time. but that does not mean that we do not care about the animales we hunt. i personally love to watch deer feed an squirls play in the tree's an just because we love to bow hunt does make us brutal hunters.I am outraged at what this lady is trying to do.an the way she is trying too do it.

txbhunter1
04-24-2009, 10:04 AM
It is a good thing she did not say it to where I could hear it. May have had to sign a blank check for bail money. LOL I am an avid archer and have always respected the animal I pursue, whether it be a squirell or an elk. Size does not matter. It is one of a living creature and a good clean dispatch should be first and foremost on everyones mind when they decide to squeeze the trigger. They way she puts it is that we are all brutal killers and have no respect for the way the animal suffers. Go to the slaughter house and see how the put down cattle before they are processed. Get a life lady..................

marshall
04-24-2009, 12:39 PM
I read ALL responses and some are down-right comical. These people don't have a clue as to who contributes the most to conservation or how the meat that THEY BUY is prepared for their consumption. Although the video clip is very sad, I'm sure this was an accident of some sort. I can't believe that this shot did not go any farther through the deer than that. OR some moron took a very unethical shot and the results are this video.

Jason
04-26-2009, 07:12 AM
i always try to take the most ethical shot when i hunt. seeing that video makes me think who ever shot did nottake the time to wait for a good clean body shot. all but 1 deer i have shot with bow have dropped within 50 yards of the stand. the other i lost cause it was a bad shot. but to hear some one say im a savage for shooting a deer with a bow is bullcrap. an suffer cause i use a cutting blade instead of a peice of lead. were is she at so i can demonstrate the effectiveness of a 390gr arrow traviling at 250 fps.

aggiebowhunter
04-27-2009, 04:14 AM
Generally bowhunters are a great group of folks. They are well practiced and very conscious of their actions. However Ive been around a few that have no business with a stick and a string.

Bowhunting takes patience and experience. Alot can go wrong from the time you touch off that arrow and when it connects. Most of this boils down to never shooting an alarmed animal. With their head down and them being calm is they key.

In old times if you could hit a paper plate a 20yds it was considered good. Nowdays with modern equipement if you cant keep it in a coke can at 20 you need more practice.

txbhunter1
04-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Coke can? What happened to 50 cent pcs or qtr's. At one time the 3D targets got boring so we used dimes and nickels at 20.Got a bowl fullof them. LOL

aggiebowhunter
04-27-2009, 08:41 AM
txbhunter1 (http://www.texashoghunter.com/profile.php?user=txbhunter1) wrote...

Coke can? What happened to 50 cent pcs or qtr's. At one time the 3D targets got boring so we used dimes and nickels at 20.Got a bowl fullof them. LOL

My original post before I edited it said a golfball but I figure thats unattainable for some folks.

Personally if i can put three on a postage stamp at 20 im not happy.

txbhunter1
04-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Glad I'm stiiing down with my feet up. lmao

aggiebowhunter
04-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Better roll them britches legs up

I shot olympic recurvein college and qualifiedfor the olympic trials once. http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/mrgreen.gif

txbhunter1
04-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Got shorts on and Ibow to your recurve bro............................Nicely done.

aggiebowhunter
04-28-2009, 09:57 AM
txbhunter1 (http://www.texashoghunter.com/profile.php?user=txbhunter1) wrote...

Got shorts on and Ibow to your recurve bro............................Nicely done

That was a long time ago. Not near the shooter I used to be. Would shoot atleast 100 good arrows a day everyday.

Rotator cuff just about keeps me from shooting at all nowdays. It got so bad on my last new bow that I had to have Cody sight it in for me then I adjusted it from there. Longbow doesnt bother me near as much as a compound.

txbhunter1
04-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Iknow some pretty good ortho doc's and could probably get you a good discount with them since the wife works for them and alot of them hunt. LOLhttp://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/shhh.gif

aggiebowhunter
04-29-2009, 02:27 AM
Been scheduled for the surgury twice but I just cant make myself do it. A good friend of mine plays in the nfl had it done and can not shoot a bow anymore after the operation.

txbhunter1
04-29-2009, 03:02 AM
Randy,

I had a severe labrum tear in my shoulder, fought it off for a long time,shooting the bow got to be a hassle and finally went in and had it done by one of my wife doc's. 2 month's of therapy and I was shooting again. Surgery was done mid April and was sitting in my stands in Wi in Oct and Nov of the same yr. My bow shoulder is stronger now than ever before. Ihave sent several others that I know to this same doc and they have all come out better than before. Get-er-done man................Don't be Skeered. http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/mrgreen.gif

hawaiihoghunter
08-10-2009, 12:02 AM
well some times, well let me rephrase that. most non-hunters are uneducated at what we do. they dont under stand how we can kill animals. Infact it had just happened to me the other day. I was calling around to local businesses for donations for a tournament where all money collected would go to the local food bank. we were asking for small dontaions like gift cards and what not. So i have collected over $3000 worth of gifts and gifts cards. Well i had called KILLER TACOS a restaurant in Haleiwa, HI . I spoke with the owner and told him what we were doing and what the donation was going towards. You know what he had the balls to say? He said "I DONT CONDONE THE KILLING OF INNOCENT ANIMALS, PEOPLE WHO DO AND HAVE ANY INVOLVEMENT WITH THE KILLING ANIMALS ARE JUST GOOD FOR NOTHING AND DONT CONTRIBUTE ANY POSITIVE TO THE COMMUNITY" Needness to say I was pissed but i held my cool and asked him "oh so your restaurant is a vegetarian place? he said "no"... so i ask "oh so you dont condone killing innocent animals so you must serve guilty ones right? So if i tell all of my friends and family to tell all of there friends and famliy who hunt and fish not to come to your restaurant that would be fine then right? all he could say is "you cant do that!!!" I laughed and hung-up So IGNORANCE and HYPOCRITES are every where.

Hogdude1234
08-10-2009, 02:20 AM
What most people don't understand is that if a bow hunter was to make a bad shot like that, they would more than likely feel awful. I would be very upset at myself, but I would get over it. As hunters, all we can do is practice regularly and know our equiptment good enough to give ourselves the best possible chance at success and avoiding bad shots, even though they do happen to us all.

__________________________________________________ _________________

Shane Ladewig

>>----------------------------->

TexasHogHunter.com ProStaff Member

Cuz
08-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Someone should call the Wambulance for her. This is just one of MANY attempts to kill our sport that most of us will NEVER give up. Even if it was illegal. Well, I wouldn't anyway!

I like this one best. Especially since my wife and mother both hunt! Along with Gary's wife and thousands of others...

"Hunting is not a sport. It's a way for insecure MEN to feel macho at the expense of another innocent creature. End this now! "

hawaiihoghunter
08-10-2009, 10:15 PM
FOR EVERYONE WHO SEEN THIS VIDEO CHECK THIS OUT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gesG4JYztWw that lady who is in the video is sick that people in her communty can hurt any animal, but at the same time she is wearing a fur coat and her husband who was just as upset has a skull hanging from his garage. check it out and have a good laugh at some hypocrites. LMAO!!!!

Cuz
08-11-2009, 06:50 PM
lololololol IDIOTS!

drysmoke
08-12-2009, 03:57 PM
What a Crock of _ _ _ t what appears to be a moron taking a head on shot after the Doe raised her head hoping to hit her in the chest. I have seen this type of shot before from avid archers way back when the bows were so loud the deer will jump the string.

One case was a Muley that had a mans arrow which hit through the lower part of the eye when the string was touched off, the fletchings were visible but the rest of the arrow broke off and the buck lived and was taken by the bow hunters friend the next year with a muzzle loader.

That B_ _ _ _ needs to get a life LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason
08-13-2009, 06:48 AM
Hey i support P.E.T.A........

People Eating Tastey Animals lol.

I wonder if she knows were her meat comes from and some of the conditions done to the animals before and after getting to the slaughter house.

You know Vegitarian is an old indian word for A poor hunter lol

TxThumper
11-17-2009, 10:50 AM
It just goes to show how critical it is that we are concious of our public image as hunters. One hunter's mistake gets put on display and almost 1700 people are now anti bowhunting. We really have to be careful. People are so ignorant. They are all probably sitting in a leather chair, wearing leather shoes and belts talking about how barbaric we are. someone should take them to a slaughter house.

Chizzad
11-18-2009, 05:36 AM
YA well lets just stop shooting these animals all together. Then they will start taking over and polluting the streets with dead carcass. They are over populated. If she had real compassion she would have shot that deer dead right there. God knows i would have! Get a life lady. It goes to show though that there is such things as stupid people.