PDA

View Full Version : feeder light

hogdown
05-06-2009, 04:47 PM
any one got any ideas on making a feeder light? i want one but dont want to spent an arm and leg for the texas boars feeder lights.http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/wall.gif

BustedAssRanch
05-06-2009, 05:05 PM
I have done several different ways..I will try to explain them the best I can.

1 Buy a 3 pack of lawn rechargeable lights..use baling wire & tie then to the top of the feeder legs..you might take them apart & add some tin foil to help make them a little brighter....They are kinda dull but usable..they dont stay bright all night either.

2 this one I use from a tripod take a dimmer/light switch from an old chevy parked out in the yard on blocks...run wires from a trailer brake light mounted on your feeder over to your tripod. Run the wires up high..or bury in PVC if hunting from a ground blind. hook to a car battery that is hooked to a solar charger to keep it charged. when the pigs come in make the light a little brighter so you can see them in your sites then whack them

3 goto hawglite.com & pick up a Marauder it screws right into the stabilizer hole..It is bright

hogdown
05-06-2009, 05:15 PM
i got a light on my gun. and i se night vison i just want to build a feeder light and open to all ideas

BustedAssRanch
05-06-2009, 05:19 PM
I see...I have not hunted with a gun in years...The rechargeable lights would work for you.

txbhunter1
05-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Hog,

Check out the ones Ihave in the help you kill tips section. Ihave made them for less than 50 bucks.

milton
05-22-2009, 02:37 AM
I have been using some lights that I bought from Walmart. Solar power and best of all only $20 for a pair of them. Lawn lights like BAR said. Not very very bright but with your scope on the hog it shows up perfect