PDA

View Full Version : El Dogo Argentino

txbhunter1
05-13-2009, 09:48 AM
This was sent to me by a friend of mine. Thought y'all might enjoy it and comment on it. I believe some of y'all have these dogs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyHossdFSME

USHogOutfitters
05-15-2009, 07:21 AM
nice video.

Dogos are something else I have been raising them for 19 years now and I wouldnt trade them for the world.

txbhunter1
05-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Iwould hate to be a hog with one on my ass. Isaw those guys use some kind of pry to get the dogs off the hogs also. They must have a bite down like pitbull huh?

USHogOutfitters
05-17-2009, 03:29 AM
yes they have a locking jaw as do pitbulls, but unlike most pits the dogo can run all day long and are normally much bigger. Dont get me wrong I have seen pits that where close to 100 pounds but they seem to be rare.

We took 7 dogos out last Saterday morning and caught and tied 37 hogs in 5 hours. 12 where sholts but it was still impressive to everyone that was watching. I had 3 people tell me that they had to be the badest dogs on the planet Earth and I do have to agree but only on days that end in Y.

txbhunter1
05-17-2009, 03:37 AM
Yeah, they say they can go for a long time and have the capabilities of short fast bursts of speed. That is cool. What do they run for pup's, cost wise? 37 in 5 hrs is pretty dam good in my book, sholts or no sholts

dougepooo
05-17-2009, 10:05 AM
In America they are very expensive. My first experience with them was hog hunting in Argintina and the dogs in questionwere stright up Monsters. I would be afraid to own one after what i saw there due to liability. Those dogs wanted to kill everything they saw! Chickens, cattle,pets,birds, iguanas, nothing was safe around those guys. and they were huge. I have pics but they are 35 mm. I may scan some and post them.

USHogOutfitters
05-20-2009, 03:45 PM
If they are trash broken at an early age there is not much of a problem. but if this is not corrected early you are right they will hunt everything that they can catch. It is wild to watch them hunt.

I do not sell any of my Dogos until they are finished and the price is $2500.

txbhunter1
05-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Joe,

That is per dog? Holy shit.............http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/doh.gif

fivepointohno
05-21-2009, 08:33 AM
ya gary but that is a finished dog ready to hunt you can find them cheaper and train them yourself but you are gunna spend more than that on training and buying the dog for 2500 you get a dog that will catch pigs, it trash broke so you dont have to worry about cattle or horses or in joes case elk and buffalo for one of the propertys lol, going to be good with other dogs and be very child friendly

txbhunter1
05-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Ithink to be productive, a guy would need at least 3 dogs. That is 7500 bucks just in pooches. Man thats alot of bread.............!!!!!!!

USHogOutfitters
05-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Yes I agree I will only let them run in packs of 3 no more no less, but I use them as RCD's. 3 dogos seem to work well so that they can handle anything but do not get into each others way. That really isnt much money for 3 good finished dogs. I have seen bay dogs that sell for over $150,000.00 each and some of these pricey dogs have never hunted before, but they are bad a** at bay compititions. You do not have to use a dogo as a RCD you can always lead them in and then you only need one dogo. You just dont let it go until you see the animal you want to catch and know that the dog can handle it. These dogs are very smart and love to please

txbhunter1
05-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Ican't wait to watch them work Joe. It is gonna be a blast getting it on video also.

Gary

milton
05-22-2009, 02:54 AM
That was cool Gary

alejandroradzi
07-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Unfortunately, the actual dogo is not like years ago. There are few breeders in argentina working with hunters dogos. The sale and expocitions dogos did you have a few good dogos

txbhunter1
07-06-2009, 01:41 AM
What do they run for cost down there in Argentina for a finished dog these days? Just curious.

alejandroradzi
07-18-2009, 06:27 AM
What do they run for cost down there in Argentina for a finished dog these days? Just curious.

Hi, cost of selling dogos whit pedigree,dog show(dogos) is about U$$1000, 1500, morethe cost of the plane. Pureshow dogs, whithout blood, dogs are not hunters.