PDA

View Full Version : ThermaCell

BustedAssRanch
05-13-2009, 05:49 PM
I know some people from different states may be planning to come down for their first hog hunt. Or maybe some one that hunts hogs all the time in west Texas is heading to east Texas to hunt a few. Dont forget the ThermaCell. I hunt alot in Lulling Texas which is just SE of Austin. The misquotes there will carry you away. Throw it in your bow/gun case & go have some fun.

aggiebowhunter
05-14-2009, 10:30 AM
I think whoever invented the thermacell should get the nobel prize or something better. Thats byfar the best invention ever.

CODY
05-14-2009, 10:52 AM
I use my thermacell here in West TX too. I hunt right off of a river so they get thick there and the Thermacell does an outstanding job of keeping them off of me. The game doesn't smell it from what I can tell, killed my largest hog ever while using one last May.

Jason
05-14-2009, 05:33 PM
I never leave home with out mine. Works awsome it worked so good last time i got my deer i even used it in the garage while i was skinning her out cause the mesquitos were so bad.

riverhog
08-23-2009, 02:22 AM
best hunting tool so far.hunt along river and sloughs it amazing how ot works

txbhunter1
08-23-2009, 02:35 AM
Y'all do know that ThermaCell is giving away one everyday the month of Aug right?

riverhog
08-23-2009, 12:34 PM
thanks for info, signed up today

txbhunter1
08-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Y'all can sign up everyday also for a better chance of winning.

marshall
08-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Just entered myself. I got buddies that swear by this thing.

usmcjc
08-31-2009, 04:16 PM
It does work on the bugs,, I always use it,, But has anyone tried it on hog or deer lures??

I tried it one time with some Hog In Heat,, nothing came in , but that is not a fair test.. I am gong to try it this fall at the Mule deer lease. I need to get another one so I can have one for the bugs and one for the smell..

fivepointohno
09-01-2009, 11:37 AM
thats not a bad idea and might just work i use the off one that is small and round only problem is that it is bright blue lol so much for concelment

SirVival
11-04-2009, 02:44 PM
I have a buddy who tried teh ThermaCell with a spent pad which was then re-soaked in HSow In Estrus Pee. He said it might of worked, but that the unit evaporated the scent too quickly. He now uses the CODE Blue" scent dispensing system with teh "Sow in Estrus" scent and says it works wonders and that 2 oz. will last an all night hunt. www.codebluescents.com

A month ago I bought Off's new clip-on mosquito repellent system.

http://www.offprotects.com/clip-on-mosquito-repellent/

Out of 3 hunts testing it, it was not only mush louder than the ThermaCell, but WAY less effective. I don't think it actually repelled anything.I was bit up all night long. IMO - Don't waste your money on the Off unit, stick to ThermaCell. It Works!

http://www.thermacell.net/