PDA

View Full Version : What do most people consider a Trophy hog?

Keechi
05-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Any hog could be a trophy in the eyes of the hunter.But what do most people want aBoar with Tusk or weight or color?What do most of you guys look for in a trophy?

dougepooo
05-18-2009, 11:01 AM
a hog over 200 pounds or any hog with nice long tusks is what I would consider a trophy if it was killed in the wild and shows the characteristics of a wild or Farrel hog and not a barnyard pig.

CODY
05-18-2009, 01:36 PM
For me a trophy hog is 250+ or one that sports tusks 2 inches or more. The property I hunt has lots of hogs in the 125-200# range but anything bigger than that is harder to come by

txbhunter1
05-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Any one that takes an arrow from my bow is a trophy no matter how big or small. It means I did it all right.

aggiebowhunter
05-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Whatever blows your skirt up

txbhunter1
05-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Are we in a bad mood tonight Randy? LOL

mrbowhunter
05-19-2009, 12:59 AM
i would say anything with cutters 2" or longer and any weighing 300# range +

aggiebowhunter
05-19-2009, 02:04 AM
Are we in a bad mood tonight Randy? LOL

Nah there are so many ways a hog can be a trophy that its all in the eyes of the beholder.

milton
05-25-2009, 02:58 AM
Any thing can be a trophy. I had a 45 year old man that had never killed a nimal in his life. He came nand shot a hog that weigh just under 100 lbs and was all beside his self. The next week end he brought his 25 year old son which didn't even want to hunt just fish our bass lake until he saw the traim cam photos and decided to go. In 30 mins he had shot about 130 lbs hog and they were both so excuited that they booked another week end right then. They are all trophies if you like them.

MRSTXBHUNTER
05-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Any hog that I can kill and not miss. LOL

Hogdude1234
05-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Trophy: anything serving as a token or evidence of victory, valor, skill, etc. I believe any animal you harvest is a trophy according to this definition!!!!

dougepooo
05-25-2009, 10:49 AM
who has taken what they consider a trophy hog and what made it a trophy?

MRSTXBHUNTER
05-25-2009, 11:09 AM
My hog to me was a trophy hog, because it was the first one I ever killed. Even if it wasn't 200lbs it still would have been a trophy to me. And no Gary I still don't want it on the wall. LOL

USHogOutfitters
05-26-2009, 05:34 AM
The only boar I want is the one that killed Harrah last June 8th. I have looked for almost 11 months for this one. I have caught bigger but never have I seen one that mean. His sholders where taller than my waist and he is missing his right ear and has a V shaped left ear. He had long cutters on both sides and about 6 foot long from sholder to butt. We watched as Mommas battled this boar for 45 minutes and not once would he turn so I could grab his legs. That boar was a worthy adversary which I hope to meet again with my Dogos

Hogdude1234
05-26-2009, 07:48 AM
My trophy hog was a big spotted sow that I had been hunting for a couple years with my bow. She was very aware of my presents at all times it seems. Heck I trapped like three of her litters of piglets. And she was always close by when I loaded them up....she knew my smell very well. Anyway...she busted me like 3 or 4 times when I was in the tree. She would always circle that tree, nose to the ground trying to sniff out my tracks coming in. Then she would let out this hair raising growl!!!! All the other pigs knew what she meant. I also stalked up on her and a bunch of pigs at the feeder one night...she smelled me then too...and I was down wind. They all busted out of there but she stopped at like 70 yards...I let an arrow fly....went right over her back. She said adios amigo. Finally she came out one evening as usual, tried to get my wind...but didn't...I let her have it. Rage 2-blade did her in. Now that was an exciting "relationship" to have with a wild animal...I would have to say she is my best hunting trophy. She earned my respect in a way....whew...essay!!!

Cuz
05-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Any one that takes an arrow from my bow is a trophy no matter how big or small. It means I did it all right.

X2 My answer exactly!