PDA

View Full Version : New Night Lights For Hunting

txbhunter1
05-22-2009, 02:48 AM
Guys,

Have a look at this website. They have some new feeder lights coming out that look to be the cat's ass for attaching to your feeders for hog hunting at night. Here is the website:

www.elusivewildlife.com (http://www.elusivewildlife.com)

Thanks to member Lecroy for finding these.

BustedAssRanch
05-22-2009, 03:06 AM
I have seen a few of their products in person...Look good...

txbhunter1
05-22-2009, 03:15 AM
Per their website, the round led's are not avail. yet. Ihave sent them an email asking when. They are local by me so getting them right now would not be a problem if they are ready. The pics they have on their website look good as far as the glow from the led's.

milton
05-22-2009, 06:09 AM
Keep us informed if you would. I will do the same. I want them

CODY
05-22-2009, 07:13 AM
I too havelooked atthe round light with the 24 LEDs that EWT is working on and asking 29.99. But check this out walmart sells a tent like just like itfor $7.50 in the camping section. It is silver and has a clip that can be used to attach it to a varmit cage or glue some magnites to it to place it directly to your metal barrel. The one at walmart is white light but I used a red sharpy to color the LEDs red. I have killed 6 hogs using these lights already, I use one light at 60 yards or less and 2 if the feeder is over that, for $7.50 you could buy four for the same price as one of EWT's lights. You do need as decent scope to be able to see your cross hairs. The hogs don't seem to mind them, they normally just walk right under the feeder and start eating. They normally last about 5-7 hours on the 4 AA batteries. The lights at EWT might or might not be betteras far as how wellthey work, but I doknowthat the lights I have are performing well for me. If anyone has any questions on the lights I use just ask.

txbhunter1
05-23-2009, 03:04 AM
Thanks Cody, I'll check them out today. Igot no reply from the company as of yet for when the lights will be avail.

CODY
05-24-2009, 04:19 AM
Here is a couple of pics of the lights that I got from walmart that I use on my feeders for my night hunts. http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/thumleft.gif

http://texashoghunter.com/oldatt/S7001294.JPG

dougepooo
05-24-2009, 05:59 AM
the potential problem i see with this light is the short runtime of about 5 hours means you have to walk right up to it right at dark to turn it on, leaving your freash sent all over it. i would like it much better if it came on by itself at dark or could be remotly activated.

CODY
05-24-2009, 06:25 AM
I always put the light out when I get to the hunting area ( about and hour before dark) which right now is about 8:00PM. So if you put it out then the light will last untill at least 1:00AM maybe 3:00AM. I normally don't sit past 12:00AM anyways so it last plenty long for me. I always remain as scent free as possible with my scentlock boots and my scent killer spray and I kill lots of hogs. It's 7 dollars and 50 cents, if you want one that turns on at dark automatically then get your check book out and expect to spend a couple hundred bucks at least. This light is for poor rednecks like me or people who don't hunt at night very often but need some way to see under their feeder. I'll admite there are way better lights out there but, this light works.

dougepooo
05-24-2009, 08:00 AM
well if it works for you thats all you can ask for, and thanks for the tip, im gonna check em out

Hogdude1234
05-24-2009, 08:58 AM
I am gunna get a couple of those tent lights myself. They also sell some small round 3 LED lights that you push to turn on at Home Depot for like 4 bucks. I have stuck a few of those under the feeder and they work for 8 hours or so. The sharpie is a great idea. You can also get tail light repair tape to cover the the LED lights.

txbhunter1
05-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Cody,

Igot 2 of these ones today. I colored one red all the way around and the other in green with every other colored, just to try and compare them with the animals. We'll see what happens. Italked to Chad at Elusive Wildlife and their lights are just getting into production. They had some bugs to work out first and when they get out, he will get in contact with me so Ican go and get some of both to try out. The best thing Isee in theirs is being able to connect them to exsising feeders and solar panels for longivity as long as they do not pull too much current and run the batt's down. I'll keep you posted on both topics.

CODY
05-28-2009, 02:15 AM
I have wanted to try coloring in one with green too, let me know how the green works if you bet me to it. The EWT lights come in green so it probably works good too. It could be awhile until the EWT lights come out since they just went into production.

txbhunter1
05-28-2009, 08:41 AM
It doesn't sound it will take them that long to get some in the store. They are close to me in Conroe, so when they come in, Chad is going to let me know and I'll go and get some to try out.

CustomCrest
05-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Looks cool, their slogan is dumb though if you ask me....

"Taking the Elusive out of Hunting"

...dumb. http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/biggrin.gif

txbhunter1
05-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Gonna use both at 4 Pines this weekend bro................

CODY
05-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Sweet, let me know how they work for you.

txbhunter1
05-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Will do man. Waiting on Cuz right now.

JustHunt
05-30-2009, 07:40 AM
I dunno'. I'm a fan of the Marauder type of lighting system myself.

jscorbett
05-31-2009, 05:37 AM
I'm new here. How do Iview Cody's photos of the Walmart light?

jscorbett
05-31-2009, 05:39 AM
I was able to see them after logging in. Cool idea. I bought a light system from Texas Boars and it is so bright that it scares the hogs away.

BustedAssRanch
05-31-2009, 05:43 AM
I was able to see them after logging in. Cool idea. I bought a light system from Texas Boars and it is so bright that it scares the hogs away.
Which one did you get? I have looked at those & was kinda scared of them. Looked like you would have to hang them HIGH.

jscorbett
05-31-2009, 06:17 AM
I got the biggest one they had. Dumb me.

txbhunter1
05-31-2009, 10:18 AM
Well guys,

I tried the tent lights this weekend at 4Pines with Cuz. They work great, but one draw back Isee with them is that if the animals are not used to them, they will stay away as with any light. Iheard animals at a short distance away but could not tell you what they were. Iwould guess that had the light not been there, they may have come in.The light itself worked great. Iset it at 7:20 pm right to the bottom of his feeders with magnets and got out of the stand at midnight and it was still beaming. Well enough that I really did not need my Marauder hog light to see anything. For a quick set-up as Cody stated, they are great. If your animals are already used to having lights on, then by all means get some. Do the red sharpiecoloring also. Otherwise they are just too bright. Inever had chance to use the green.

CODY
05-31-2009, 03:45 PM
Deer seem to be a little leary of them sometimes but the hogs I have seen while using them have just came right on in for me. I will say I have only tried these lights on 2 different feeders on the same property killing 3 hogs off of each feeder. One feeder is in a open wheat feild and the other is in a mesquite thicket. Hogs are probably different from one place to another. As far as them getting used to a light I don't know these are the first feeder lights I have used. I shot a hog off of these lights the first time I used it. I like using these lights as opposed to a scope mounted light or marauder light because sometimes hogs get starteled from lights that just suddenly apper out of nowhwere even with red. Also, I like the light always being on so I can see exactly what is under the feeder at all times. The main reason I use them is they are cheap and they do work.

txbhunter1
05-31-2009, 04:24 PM
They did work great and they stayed on for the duration of me sitting on stand Fri night. Iwill try them again soon, Ihope and see how they do.