PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Reload?

aggiebowhunter
05-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Im about to start, but Im not really a newby. My brother is a gun nut and Ive always had him to do my reloading, so ive bought him all the dies, powder, primers etc etc. for most of the calibers I shoot. I have helped him load mine over the years but I just ordered my own kit today.

So any tips or tricks you can pass along will be greatly appreciated.

I ordered a RCBS Rockchucker supreme master with a turrett press. Ill mostly be loading rifle cartridges and .45acp.

txbhunter1
05-23-2009, 03:01 AM
Randy,

2 guys on here that Iknow do alot of their own reloading are rebjr(Robbie Burns) and lecroy(Scott Lecroy) Ihave known Scott for alot of yrs and he has been doing ever since Ihave known him. All cal's...........Good couple of guys to start with besides your bro.

ewelker
05-28-2009, 05:52 AM
Use the books for the projectiles you are planning to load. I always use premium bullets for hunting loads since it is time consuming no matter what you load so if you can, make the best. I use Barnes and have yet to have lost an animal since using their bullets.

rusa7476
06-11-2009, 03:45 AM
two tricks to washing your casings

you can buy one of those net bags that you use for your gym close in foot ball or women use for there panty hose and dump you casing in them. then just wash them in the washer or dishwasher. just cotton swab them before you dump the powder.