PDA

View Full Version : Low light peep sight

BustedAssRanch
05-27-2009, 04:11 PM
I had a chance to shoot a buddy's bow with one of these peep sights . I liked it a lot. I applied for a pro staff position with them & just got the word that I was accepted. Like I have told Neil & Kelly I will take pro staff positions for products I believe in. This peep sight is just that. I don't want you to think I am trying to cram this down your neck, but I hunt a lot in low light conditions as I'm sure we all do hunting these hogs. If you guys & gals feel like it check out this site .www.redhawk-archery.com/peep.html (http://www.redhawk-archery.com/peep.html)

txbhunter1
05-28-2009, 02:06 AM
A fewpersoanl issues Isee with this peep. 1) the rubber tube for alignment. Ihave had these snap in my face before after many times of use. The sun's uv rays affect the rubber and break it down from extended use during daylight hrs. 2) With the added see through yellow lens around it, you would have alot of glare if your stand is faces the sun, whether it be coming up or going down. 3) Lighted sight pins. It would add a worse starburst effect when shwoing through the outer lens in low light conditions. Looking through any peep in low light conditions with lighted sights gives you this effect. Ihave been through a buttload of peeps trying to get the peep and have settled on what Ifeel is one of the best ones out there. It is the string splitter peep. You can get them in 3 diff. sizes for openings. Sm,med and lg. All of which have no tubing to break, have good apetures to look through and have only the string going down the outer side of the peep, They do not split the string into thirds like alot of the rest of them do. With a good string on your bow, ie. a Winners Choice or several other,that guarantee no creep and are pre stretched, you do not need a tube to align your peeps. They come back as they are supposed to. And face it guys, as we get older our eyes will tend to be less forgiving. Not knocking this peep, but these are my own observations with all that Ihave been through trying to get that last 15-20 in's of hunting in and stretch my time in the stand a bit longer. www.stringsplitter.net (http://www.stringsplitter.net)

BustedAssRanch
05-28-2009, 02:21 AM
I agree with the rubber tube. I shoot without a loop. My string is made by a buddy of mine to tell you the truth I have not tried with out the rubber.I do have to keep a roll of rubber tube in the truck. The second sight down is a string splitter that splits the string in half. I will post up after I get a chance to shoot with it a little more...Good, bad, or ugly...

txbhunter1
05-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Ishoot the string splitter on all of my bows and love it. Especially in low light conditions when my sights are turned on. No starburts effects at all. Y'all check it out and Ipromise you, you won't be dissappointed in it.

Gonehuntin68
07-06-2009, 03:09 PM
I also shoot the string splitter. I hunt pigs at night all the time and I paint the string splitter with glow paint and hit it with a flashlight for a couple of min. before dark and it will glow for hours and work perfect.

txbhunter1
07-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Thanks Gonehuntin, Inever gave that a thought. Gonna have to try that real soon, like tomorrow. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm on the prowl for some glow paint now.

Gonehuntin68
07-08-2009, 02:41 PM
I bought mine off ebay

txbhunter1
07-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Icould not find it in my travels today. Gonna have to keep searching. Any suggestions?

Hogdude1234
07-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Icould not find it in my travels today. Gonna have to keep searching. Any suggestions?

How about Spencers gifts in the Mall? They have a lot of shit that glows in the dark!!! LOL

Gonehuntin68
07-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Craft stores normally have it