PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous encounters

nate
02-04-2009, 02:30 AM
Iknow there are some close calls out there. Here is my best story to date....

Iwas walking fence one day with my bow. Igot down towards the back and saw the bushes moving slightly and heard a small squeeking sound. In my mind, Iam thinking small pig for the roaster oven. Icrept around slightly to find an opening. At about 5 foot away, I see it!A trophy boar of about 200+ pounds. The squeeking noise was his tusks(the ones sticking up over his top lips)grinding together as he was eating.

Did yall see that movie about the big gator at the lake where that guy jumped in and came face to face with that monster?That's about how Ifelt. Just then, he looked right at me. So here we are, about 5 feet apart,stariing each other down and all Ihave is my bow.

Slowly, he turned and walked back into the woods. What a rush!That could have gone soooooo wrong..........

faraway
02-04-2009, 12:46 PM
wow I would have had to throw those pants away. Can you carry a side arm. It would have been handy to have a 44 MAG at your side.

nate
02-04-2009, 09:40 PM
faraway (http://www.texashoghunter.com/profile.php?user=faraway) wrote...

wow I would have had to throw those pants away. Can you carry a side arm. It would have been handy to have a 44 MAG at your side.

Yeah Ireckon a pistol would be nice but that would take all the fun out of it.http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/mrgreen.gif

james
02-08-2009, 04:23 AM
wish i was there with my dogs (HEMI) AND (TROUBLE) !!!!!

DirtyMike
02-11-2009, 06:54 AM
When stuff like that happens it only make every trip afterwards that much more intresting. Reminds you that you never know whats around the corner.

bratmaker
03-07-2009, 02:42 PM
On our recent hunt, I had a spooky adventure. I was trailing a small hog that I had shot in the morning. It was less than 100 lbs so no big deal. I was crawling around looking for blood and seen a big hog bedded down fairly close to me. I crawled in on my hands and knees to try to get a clear shot. I was very close, but the brush was to thick. I drew my bow but just couldn't get a good shot. When I let my bow off, the hog stood up. To my surprise there were 2 really large boars about 10-15 yards away. They walked away from me to about 25 yards. This is where it got spooky! I tried to get out of the brush and get around them to maybe get a shot. Apparently they heard something and they came back up the hill and right towards me. As they walked passed the spot where there were bedded, they stopped and started clacking their jaws. They came a few yards closer, looking right at me. I knew I couldn't shoot at them head on, so I just stayed still, hoping for a little divine wisdom. I finally realized I was toast, if they came at me so I decided to just let out a yell and I waved my arms. I couldn't stand up, because of the brush so I figured I had a 50-50 chance they would spook. Luckily for me they jumped back a few steps, then just walked down the hill. I went back to camp! I told my buddies what a dope I was and then took someone with me to find the 1st hog, which we did.