PDA

View Full Version : Ethics of hunters

BustedAssRanch
07-02-2009, 07:55 AM
I guess we moved in this house about 4 years ago. We live on a dead end street with about 7 houses on it. My son Colton went on a search when we first moved in to find kids (sometimes hard to do in the country). All the kids out here are younger than he is, but he hooked up with a little boy down the road. The boys parents are not hunters & not really for hunting for that matter. After about a year I finally talked them into letting him shoot the BB gun with Colton. Not long after that I talked them into letting him shoot the bow with Colton. Now this boy has his own BB gun & they are asking me what kind of bow would be a good starter bow for Tim. Tim just knocked on the door & told me he wanted to go hunt with me. I told him I doubt your mom or dad would let that happen. I called down there to talk to them, to my surprise she wants him to go!

I guess my message here would be keep being nice to people even when you don't see eye to eye on subjects like this.

I had to share this as I see it as a mile stone, if these folks do let him go I may have just got another young'in in the great heritage of hunting!

aggiebowhunter
07-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Youve done well. I know where I grew up my folks sure wouldnt let me do anything with folks they didnt know and know well.

Hogdude1234
07-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Kevin, it sounds like you are really dedicated to helping kids get involved with hunting, shooting, outdoors, etc. Just wanted to tell ya' that I think that is really cool man!!!! Keep up the great work!!! http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/thumleft.gif

Shane Ladewig

>>------------------------>

TexasHogHunter.com Pro Staff Member

Keechi
07-03-2009, 04:59 AM
Way to close the deal

my dad always said " Take your kid hunting and you will near have to hunt for your kid"

txbhunter1
07-03-2009, 06:25 AM
Ithink Uncle Ted said the same thing Mike. It is true................

ggonzales
04-19-2010, 06:45 AM
That is a good thing you did there Kevin, I feel the same way about hunting and fishing. Alot of my sons always ask about me and my son's hunting adventures and they show interest in wanting to tag along. I have invited several teammates of my sons baseball team and there dad to join us dove hunting and it's a great way to enjoy the outdoors with good people.