PDA

View Full Version : HUNTING BEHIND A HIGH FENCE OR HOG FENCE!!!

Hogdude1234
07-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey Guys, just wandering what ya'll think about hunting a high fenced property. I know there are some pretty strong feelings out there about this topic, so please share. I myself have never hunted inside a high fence, but I am considering it. Please feel free to explain your feelings about this topic!!! Thanks!!!

Shane Ladewig

>>--------------------------->

TexasHogHunter.com Pro Staff Member

txbhunter1
07-02-2009, 05:00 PM
One of the very first places Iever hunted when Igot to Tx was a high fenced ranch. 1100 acres and Ihad a good time there. THeir were only 4 guys that were hunting this ranch at the same time as I so we got to spread out quite a bit. The one thing that Ihave noticed about these places is that, if you want to get into the exotics side of hunting, these are really the only places to go. They are here for guys to take advantage of the animals that are non-native to the area and most likely you would have never had a chance to get anywhere else. There are some places that you can find free ranging exotics but they are few and far between and areusually private lands. So you can toss a coin and either pay a tresspass fee or pay for high fences, your choice. One other thing about high fences is that they usually run a fair amount of clients through their ranches and do it generally on a 2 day min basis. It has been my experience from hunting alot of them all over this state, that you can normally not expect to be successful on any of the day lease places unless you stay for more than 2 days. It takes you one day just to figure the ranch out, another to find the animals you are after and then the next 2 to have an opportunity to harvest one. One exception to this are the smaller tracts. WIth good vegetaion on some it is very hard to score unless you do your homewrok andlook at the ranch carefully. The smaller tracts most times will have little or no undercover to speak off and that makes the animals have to depend on the feeders for food. The larger ones that have room to spread out will most times have enough undergrowthand water to where the animals are not that dependant on the feeders for food. When you get out to west Tx, you will find that after the rains have ceasedand the green is gone, they will come to the feeders at some time, and if youcan get on water especially when dry, you can have a fair amount of successalso. Keep in mind though, these places, unless youare there for the very first hunt, the animals get wise and will not show up until right at or after dark. It is myopinion that some high fence is great for those ofus that do not have the land or opportunities to hunt friends land. If you are after a trophy deer, youMAY have a chance if your pockets are deep enough,but exotics are by far the bestto do behind the fence. Stay away from place that have GUARANTEE's. If you want to feel good about your hunt and want todo it behind a fence, find a ranch that has a descent amount of land to do itin. This way it is still a challenge and the animalstill has a chance for survival due to undergrowth and the abilities ofthe hunter. Icould namea num of ranches for youto do this on, but it isentirely up to the individual to make up his or her own minds as far as whatthey wantto hunt, how they want to huntand where. Do your homework before you book, ask questions,check out the testimonials and references well and have fun. Don't be afraid to ask and end up having a bad time. Just my 2 cents worth.

BustedAssRanch
07-03-2009, 02:02 AM
I have never hunted one. Why would they need a "high" fence for hogs? Seems like they would need to protect the bottom of their fence to protect the integrity of their herd.

Hogdude1234
07-03-2009, 03:50 AM
I have never hunted one either, but I am considering doing a hog hunt behind a high fence. I feel that if the area is large enough and managed properly, the hunt can be challenging. It seems to me that hunting over bait would be about the same with or without the fence. You still have to put your time in and wait for the animals to show up. Kevin, you know what we are talking about. A game ranch type deal where there is a controlled number of animals inside the property. If the fence is good enough, and the hogs have plenty to eat, it seems they would not have much of a reason to go elsewhere. Similar to livestock. To sum up my feelings about hunting hogs behind a high fence, I would have to say that "a dead hog is a dead hog." No matter how, when or where!!! I bet he tastes the same!!!! In order for me to form a really solid opinion on this matter, I just have to go and do it and see how I like it.

Shane Ladewig

>>------------------------->

Keechi
07-03-2009, 04:43 AM
If you are talking high fence deer,IMO it is the only way to effectivley manage a deer herds.unless you have 10 to 15,000 acres.East Texas high fences are going up everywhere.On hogs there are a lot of guys that want to take their kids or just don't have alot of time.I know a place(hog fenced) that is only 40 or 50 acres with about 100 head of hogs in it.I GUARANTEE it isn't a cakewalk to kill a hog there.I would almost say it is harder to get a big hog under those conditions than open range.Hogs are smart any way you hunt them and I agree with hogdude "a dead hog is a dead hog".Hunting has gotten to the point it is big bussiness.And I think we will be seeing more and more high fence hunting.

BustedAssRanch
07-03-2009, 05:39 AM
I dont have anything against it. It is the best way to manage your heard. I just didn't understand why a high fence for hogs instead of hog or field fence.

USHogOutfitters
07-03-2009, 06:23 AM
Fences are a great way to guarentee a hunter a kill and offer a few more types of animal to harvest. They can be very challenging at times. I manage 2 fenced properties. One is 8 acres and the other is 100 acres. They are both setup for the clients that hunt them. I would sugest getting information from pior hunters to see if it is worth your money and if they had a good time.

The normal reason for high fence around hogs is because people have deer and other animals in with them.

txbhunter1
07-03-2009, 06:24 AM
Ithink that guys that have only hogs, do not run high fences. Case in point, Langley Ranch. Randy and Joe have the low fence, but only have hogs in their pastures and an ocassional deer that jumps the fence. The guys that have hogs behind high fences also have other animals that they want to keep track of and manage.

Hogdude1234
07-03-2009, 06:29 AM
I changed the title of this forum topic so I would not confuse anyone else about the matter. Thank ya'll for taking the time to add your input on this subject.

Shane Ladewig

>>-------------------------------->

BustedAssRanch
07-03-2009, 06:42 AM
http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/whistle.gifhttp://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/whistle.gifhttp://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/lol.gif

Hogdude1234
07-03-2009, 08:00 AM
http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/whistle.gifhttp://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/whistle.gifhttp://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/lol.gif
What song are you whistling? LMAO!!!!http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/dance.gif

Shane Ladewig

rusa7476
07-03-2009, 09:36 AM
i will hunt a high fence for the first time this year. and i do agree with gary. i am one of those who can not afford to travel to montana for elk or the rockies for ram. High fence gives me the opportunity to hunt and harvest those animals with out the extreme cost involved...

drysmoke
07-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Well Shane, I had hunted a high fence this last weekend with Gary at Dos Plumas.

I had a blast and the hogs are not easy by any means.

This was in fact my first hog hunt ever and I had such a good time I am heading back down real soon for some more fun.

All in all as Gary said earlier do your home work and I think you will find the right place to hunt and enjoy yourself.

Not everyone of them is a canned hunt so to speak, and those are the ones I will hunt.

I like a challenge when I am hunting and not some critter thats one step above tame and about the only thing you can't do is walk up and pet them LOL

Hogdude1234
07-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Did any of ya'll happen to catch the show on the Outdoor channel today with Marcus Luttrell? It was a hunt at the 777 Ranch in Hondo, Tx. This place is obviously a high fence ranch with all types of game. Marcus decided he wanted to harvest an Elk. So they went out looking for Elk in the feed truck it looked like. When they spotted a nice bull, they got out of the truck and Marcus "stalked" up on the Elk. The Elk just stood there with a cow looking at them while they tried to get the camera angles right for TV. The camera man whistled at Marcus a couple times to tell him he was not in the shot, and then they whistled at him to wait till the Elk turned broadside. Finally the Elk decided to move off, Marcus fired and shot over the animal. Then he started griping at the camera man and guide about distracting him while he was getting ready to fire. He was pissed and embarrassed that he missed, being a Navy Seal and all. To make a long story short, he finally got an Elk the next day, and he was happy. It was a good show, but I kinda got a glimpse at hunting behind a high fence. I am thinking that the way they were hunting was the way Marcus wanted to hunt and that is cool, but man, those Elk seemed to be too much like livestock. They showed a shot of the feeding station there close to where he took his first shot. There was a huge gravity feeder and bales of hay out and stuff. I would have to say that if it were me, I would not want to harvest an animal this way, at least not for the world to see. Just thought I would share this with ya'll since it kinda made me start thinking again about hunting behind a high fence. I am sure there are other ways to hunt behind a high fence other that this, but this particular show made me think!!! If any of you saw this show, what did you think about it?

Shane Ladewig

>>------------------------------>

TexasHogHunter.com ProStaff Member

txbhunter1
07-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Ithink that show was on Fri night and Idid see it. He got pissed cause the cam man keep telling him not to shoot. Then the elk just walked off down the BLACKTOProadway back to feeding. He got all pissy cause they did not think he knew how to shoot. Yes he did get an elk the next day, but the way it was done was sad. Ihave been to the 777 ranchin Hondo and aquired about some of their pkgs. Their get aquainted weekeend is 250 bucks or was at that time for the lodge and all the fish you can catch and release. They have alot of diff varieties of animals on that ranch and their is no way my pockets could afford ANYof their hunts. They usually drive around in the jeeps, spot the animals and then make some kind of stalk on them. Mostof the ones Ihave seen done from there are no brainers. As long as you can shoot straight, you're done.This to me is no challenge at all. I would rather stalkan animal and sweat a major load then take one in this way. Just my opinion.

drysmoke
07-05-2009, 05:56 PM
I agree Gary, and Shane I was a very skeptical about the high fence thing when we went to Dos Plumas.

As for the hunting there for hogs it's just like your videos at a feeder and waiting for a hog to come in.

For the first time behind a high fence I would have to say it was a good hunt and if your gonna spot and stalk it ain't easy down there.

I will go back again, I had a great time there and it was well worth the money and the experience, we don't have that kind of stuff up here get out and go hog hunting. That alone is worth it to me, after that I was hooked.

aggiebowhunter
07-07-2009, 02:58 AM
This is the best way Ive ever seen it put.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had numerous people "rag" on me for hunting a high fence. The easiest way for me to justify it to an uneducated idiot is like this ...

My maximum effective range is 25 yards (30 on a REAL good day).

IF I had a 360 degree field of view, I could effectively hunt an area that is 17,662 square feet, or 0.405 acres.

If you're hunting on 200 acres, there's 199.595 acres left for the animal to hide or at least be out of shooting range.

I'm not a statistics whiz, but it looks like to me, just based on your huntable area, the deer's got about 400:1 odds.

Now factor in his instinctive defensive nature, his keen eyes, weary ears and acute sense of smell.

So, now, even though you're in a 200 acre "pen", who do you think has the better odds, you or the deer?

BustedAssRanch
07-07-2009, 05:09 AM
This is the best way Ive ever seen it put.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had numerous people "rag" on me for hunting a high fence. The easiest way for me to justify it to an uneducated idiot is like this ...

My maximum effective range is 25 yards (30 on a REAL good day).

IF I had a 360 degree field of view, I could effectively hunt an area that is 17,662 square feet, or 0.405 acres.

If you're hunting on 200 acres, there's 199.595 acres left for the animal to hide or at least be out of shooting range.

I'm not a statistics whiz, but it looks like to me, just based on your huntable area, the deer's got about 400:1 odds.

Now factor in his instinctive defensive nature, his keen eyes, weary ears and acute sense of smell.

So, now, even though you're in a 200 acre "pen", who do you think has the better odds, you or the deer?

http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/mrgreen.gifhttp://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/mrgreen.gifhttp://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/clap.gif

That is too funny....Cut-paste save...

dougepooo
07-07-2009, 06:42 AM
I have a question, what is the average number of deer per square mile in your areas? What is the average deer per square mile in The whole State?

Hogdude1234
07-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Randy, I have to say that you have the best answer I have ever heard for hunting a high fence. You are so right, those critters have the advantage over us. If hunting a high fence increases out chances slightly, who really gives a hoot!! LMAO!!! It is not like shooting fish in a barrel by any means!!!! Thanks for sharing your math with us. I have a whole new respect for Aggies!!!! LMAO!!!!!

Shane Ladewig

>>-------------------------->

TexasHogHunter Pro Staff Member

dougepooo
07-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Well I have another opinion, one that I was gonna keep to myself but now that I have been called an uneducated idiot for having it, I might as well phrase it.

To begin with, let me say that I have nothing against hunting behind a fence. I might even do it myself someday. If you guys want to do it, knock yourselves out and have a good time. Know that I would go to war for your right to do just that.

However, to say or imply that it isn't MUCH easier to take MUCH better animals in a short period of time through the use of high fences is simply nonsense.

The logic above is sound if there are only one deer in the 200 acre pen, but what if there are 200? plus an unnaturally high number of hogs and some rams ect. Under those circumstances the natural browse is getting allot more pressure than normal and therefor the feeders become more of a necessity to the animals. Is there anyone here that believes the average amount of animals in the pens does not exceed what is natural? Add to that the fact that many of the animals in pens have been raised in captivity and aren't even afraid of humans.

Randy has already talked about buying hogs over 500 pounds that were killed in just a couple of weeks or less. Does anyone here think you have a realistic chance at a 500 pound hog in the wild out side of a pen? And why were they taken so quickly? Because they were not wild to begin with?

Does anyone doubt that I can take a 200 class buck in a weeks time if I'm willing to pay enough and hunt inside a pen? Can you do that in a fair chase scenario?

Suppose two guys make a bet to see who can kill the biggest or most deer or hogs and one is hunting fair chase while the other can hunt inside a fence, who you like to win that bet?

Everytime I go hunting I don't even know if there is a deer or hog within a square mile of me. The 200 acre pen used in the above example is less than 1/3 of a square mile and not only is every animal in it that close but they can't go away. Not even if the woods catch on fire, they can not get very far from me.

Most of the fenced operations will all but and many outright guarantee you a shot at the species of your choice and usually only need one day to do it if your a gun hunter.Does anyone actually believe that you are enjoying the same rate of success as say Randy's clients over at the Langly ranch? If those fences aren't necessary why have them? That ranch doesn't have exotics and the cows can be kept in with barbed wire like everyone else does.

Some ranches even go so far as to say tell us what animal you want to hunt and we will get you one.They will bring in an animal especially for you to shoot! Would they do that if they couldn't put you in front of it to take it?

I for one wouldn't feel much of a sense of accomplishment after having taken a deer or trophy hog under those circumstances.

aggiebowhunter
07-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Dude check your drawers, I didnt call you an uneducated idiot, I posted that from another site. Good grief.

Hunt however you want to and whatever blows your skirt up.

I also know of several animals I have released that have had less than 2 sighings a year and have been released for over 5 years. Some of the toughest hunts youll find are highly pressured day hunting ranches.

Hogdude1234
07-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Anyone want to join me on a Dos Plumas hunt in September? I hear they offer a great hunting experience!!!

Shane Ladewig

MRSTXBHUNTER
07-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Ok guys I have a dumb thing to say here but gotta say it. Fence or no fence isn't it all in the person shooting? You can still miss an animal right in front of u whether its behind a fence or not. Just my thought on this.

Cuz
07-07-2009, 01:16 PM
It seems to me that hunting over bait would be about the same with or without the fence.

That's my feelings about this topic in a nutshell. I use to dispise the idea of hunting anything in a game fence. Then I went and hunted a 100 acre high fence place in the hill country. It doesn't matter if you are on 10 acres or 100,000 acres if you are bow hunting especially. You still have to play the wind, make a draw and make a good shot. The only real difference is that the game is "more sure" to come to you. I tend to lean more towards the idea that any native species should not be fenced, such as whitetail and javvy's but as far as hogs and exotics go its all good.

rusa7476
07-07-2009, 06:19 PM
hey dont knock it until you try it....

good for it hogdude hunt high fence to your bows content....

Cuz
07-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Anyone want to join me on a Dos Plumas hunt in September? I hear they offer a great hunting experience!!!

Shane Ladewig

$$$?

txbhunter1
07-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Cuz,

You can click on the banner on the hm pg and it will take you to the hm pg for Dos Plumas Hunting Ranch.. The ranch is nice, lodging is great and there is no shortage of animals. And we WILLNOTFORGETLori's cooking. You will leave there with a few extra pounds than what you came with. LOL It's a working man's ranch meaning us working guys can still go and have a good hunt without breaking the bank to do so. Give them a look and you be the judge.

Cuz
07-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Ten4

WyoHunter
07-16-2009, 06:49 PM
hey dont knock it until you try it....

good for it hogdude hunt high fence to your bows content....
Exactly my feelings! http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/wink.gif

DosPlumas2009
07-20-2009, 06:53 AM
As for myself, I high fenced most of my place for one simple reason. It's my way of making a living and most folks, unfortunately, don't have the luxury of having a lot of time these days to devote to hunting. So they want to up their odds of success by coming to high fence operations, especially for pigs. I think we all will agree that pigs are very nomadic and will travel a great distance each night just to get what they want. So a guy coming from a great distance away doesn't want to hear how the pigs were here just a couple of days ago but have left to go somewhere else. As for us, we manage the land as much as mush as we manage the animals in order to keep it as fair chase as possible. Yes, unfortunately there are ranches that promote overgrazing so as to make the animals dependent on the feeders. We did start out free range for hogs and although we caught tons of hogs on game cameras our success was very very low. I would say that there is no one who spent more time and money than I did, trying to find that "Magical Potion", that we all continue to look for, trying to get Mr. Piggy to show up. Now that we have hogs in the high fence, guys are leaving a lot happier and I don't have to listen to as much disappointment.I get the biggest kick out of guys who want to hunt free range hogs and after a day or two of no success, they ALWAYS ask to go into the high fence....lol.Which goes back to what I said earlier, they drive a long ways and want to have a good chance at being successful.For the record, all of our whitetail are free range. Good hunting, whatever you choose.

DosPlumas2009
07-20-2009, 06:55 AM
The hog under my sign in name was free range.

Hogdude1234
07-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Allen, it is great to hear your side of this. Thanks for sharing...I have heard so many great things about your operation there!!! I am hoping to get a group of guys from the site here to join me on a hunt there when it cools off a bit!!!! Hell, I will come by myself if no one else can make it!!!! LMAO!!!

Shane Ladewig

txbhunter1
07-21-2009, 02:17 AM
Hey now, don't count me out of this. LMAO!!!!!!!!

DosPlumas2009
07-22-2009, 03:23 AM
I'll keep the porch light on........lol

Gigem
07-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Well, here's my 2 cents worth, about hunting hogs behind a high fence......

Kill every single one of them.......before they get out and root up my hay meadow!http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/naughty.gif

Hogdude1234
07-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Hey now, don't count me out of this. LMAO!!!!!!!!

Gary, I know you are in....LMAO!!!! Hopfully Cuz too. I know DrySmoke had a blast and wants to do it again....hopefully we can get a group of 5-6 or more to go kill some rooters!!!

Shane Ladewig

>>----------------------------->

howie1968
07-25-2009, 07:38 AM
having bow killed well over 500 hogs been a guide on lots of ranches both fenced and non fenced i will tell you there is nothing wrong with a fenced area a few ranches ive guided on you would be terribly humbled unless you had a guided i have guided some big names in my life and they walked away humbled in a high fence without a guided they can be very tough especially when the hog numbers are limited. there is no debate if it is ethical or not or a canned hunt come hunt with me at a few palces and i assure you you would be humbled quick like gun orm bow

i defend high fences beacause anytime you can get anyone hunting it is a plus it dont matter high fence or no fence hogs can be a challenge to hunt either place most hog outfitters with fences do it because they know the difficulties of harvesting a free range boar it is a place to come relax enjoy a hunt being the kids and famuily with the option of taking pork not everyone has the time or hog hunting avialable to them

matter of fact my awesome daughter who has well over 40 bow kills on hogs at only 13 killed her first hog in a fence at langley ranch was it easy no way was it a challenge to her it sure was she was 9 years old if it wouldnt have been for that kill in the high fence i doubt she would have never hunted hogs again

so fellas the debate is silly if ya havent hunted one pick up a bow knife spear or gun and go try one chances are you will have a blst

riverhog
08-23-2009, 12:15 PM
high fences have thir place, i am fortunate enough to go to coloredo each year in search of elk and mule deer. 2 years ago one of the older gentlemen that started us going to colorado, had knee replacement surgery,it wasn't a complete suceess. he wasn't able to walk 30 yards, without great pain. he wasn't going to make the trip to colorado, first he would miss in 15 years. a friend of ours had started an elk and exotic high fence ranch, after hearing about norman not getting to hunt, he offered us a chance to take norman hunting on his ranch, we booked the hunt for 4 persons all cow hunts, norman had a great time, being able to go right to his blind in a truck, fed 3 meals a day, the old man was in heaven, on the second day norman took a large cow. he and joe enjoyed the hunt so muck they book a hunt each year. this hunt was made possible of high fences, i personally will not hunt high fence as long as i can still stalk animals, but they helped make that old man happy, they have their place

dougepooo
08-24-2009, 12:35 PM
I agree that they have their place and I don't say that there is anything wrong with doing it, I only wish that that the folks that keep trying to convince everyone how hard it is, and how it isn't easy would just quit lying to themselves. It IS easier and in many cases it makes things otherwise impossible, possible. Like taking a water buffaloe in Texas.

If thats what you want to do, by all means knock yourself out. And it would be fun, hell I enjoy shootiing rats with a pellet gun, just stop trying to act like it's the same as hunting free roaming wild game under fair chase conditions.It is a perfectly acceptable form of hunting, just isn't my perfered way of doing it.

Hogdude1234
08-24-2009, 03:52 PM
I have never hunted a high fence. But I am going to. When those hogs walk out in front of me, if my heart does not start pounding, and I don't get a touch of pig fever, then I won't like it. But I know that is not going to be the case. You could put 25 pigs in a round pen and I would have a blast harvesting them. LMMFAO!!!!!

Hey Doug, I really respect the fact that you stand your ground Bro!!!! Hopefully we get the chance to hunt together again one day.

__________________________________________________ _

Shane Ladewig

>>----------------------------------->

dougepooo
08-25-2009, 02:18 AM
Shane I have a hunt planned the second weekend of Sept. but I called to get your number from Gary to invite you and he told me you had plans with the family to go out of town that week.

Hogdude1234
08-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks for keeping me in mind Doug!!! I am going to be in Port A. Then going to Dos Plumas the day after I get back. We will hook up soon though. Maybe in Jan. or Feb. if I start offering hunts here at the ranch, you and Don can come hunt with me and Gary. I think we would have a blast!!!! Literaly!!!!

Until then, good luck to you Bro!!!! I hope you have a great deer season!!!!

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Shane Ladewig

>>--------------------------------------->

txbhunter1
08-26-2009, 12:57 AM
Ithink the more input Shane gets for his upcoming ventures, the better he can make it. Not that is may not be good now, but more outside ideas and comments. Come on Doug, let's get-er-done. LOLhttp://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Hogdude1234
08-26-2009, 03:01 AM
Yes, Gary, I am open to any ideas, suggestions, experiences...anything to help me run a successful operation. All I know is that I have had to get pretty damn serious around here to hunt these hogs and get the kills that I have. They sure have wised up and started moving really late at night. Maybe I have over hunted the place this summer. Maybe I need to let it rest a while. At least the hogs anyway. But with deer season coming up, not sure how to let it rest and put my time in the deer woods. There is a lot of activity on the ranch. But the wildlife doesn't seem to mind. Maybe with some cooler weather, I will see some more favorable hog movement.

__________________________________________________ __________

Shane Ladewig

>>----------------------------------->

txbhunter1
08-26-2009, 10:17 AM
With all of your neighbors getting ready for deer season, it should keep them moving, but like you said, late at night. Time to start watching from afar my friend until things heat up again. JMO Ihave not had a deer on my one cam since I put up and brushed in my ground blind. That has been over a month ago.

dougepooo
08-27-2009, 12:10 AM
how much land you huntin Shane?

Hogdude1234
08-27-2009, 02:08 AM
We have three properties with pigs on them. 400, 50, 50....500 total. I will have to see how that all works out though. The properties are owened by 3 different family members. I hunt the 400 mostly myself.

__________________________________________________ ___

Shane Ladewig

>>------------------------------------>

CODY
08-27-2009, 05:58 AM
My opinion on running a good hunting operation is to never talk bad about your previous hunters. I have seen this many times and it puts a bad taste in my mouth every time. If a guide or ranch manager talks negative about the hunters he has had before, it makes you wonder if they talk about everyone like that.

dougepooo
08-27-2009, 11:14 AM
yea thats righr Cody and if those hunters hear about it they aint never coming back or sending anyone to you. If hunters do somthing so terrible or dumb or funny or whatever that you have ti talk about it just dont use names. Say i had these guys here once that......... or somthing like that. We all like a good story.