PDA

View Full Version : Hogdude1234's latests Hog Hunting Vid!!!

Hogdude1234
08-01-2009, 07:06 AM
Here it is....Enjoy

<embed height="344" width="425" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HtmbkCRPRss%26hl=en%26fs=1%26rel=0%26ap=%2526fmt=1 8"></embed>

Let me know what you think about this one!!!! Thanks!!!!

Shane Ladewig

&gt;&gt;------------------------------&gt;

TexasHogHunter.com Pro Staff Member

BustedAssRanch
08-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Another 5 star dude!

Gonehuntin68
08-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Congrats Shane, Thats the way to smoke them pigs. Was that a heart shot on the sow?

Hogdude1234
08-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Congrats Shane, Thats the way to smoke them pigs. Was that a heart shot on the sow?

Thanks Bro!!! That was quite a night. 10-4 on the heart shot. She was quartered away pretty good. I stuck her right in there behind her last rib and it came out the front of her opposite shoulder. Those types of shots seem to be very effective!!! I did aim a little low cause I figured she might drop a hair at the shot. That boar sure turned a bit at the shot. The arrow hit a bit more forward than I like, but I am sure I got lung. He sure left a lot of blood heading back into the thick stuff.

Shane Ladewig

&gt;&gt;------------------------------&gt;

Cuz
08-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Good one Shane. Two well placed shots bud! Shoulda got the boar thought bro! ;-)

Hogdude1234
08-02-2009, 02:49 AM
Good one Shane. Two well placed shots bud! Shoulda got the boar thought bro! ;-)

Thanks Cuz!!!

Oh I got the boar, he wont be back to screw up another feeder!!! LMAO!!!.....I followed the blood trail a good ways through the thicket before I decided to call it quits. I woulda had to get on my hands and knees to continue trailing him. I did go back early the next morning and look for the boar. We got 3/4 of an inch rain that night, so picking up the blood trail was not an option. I searched standing up on the 4-wheeler through some thick stuff and did not find him. I coulda drove right by him though as the brairs and poison ivy was waist high. I sure wanted to find him though. I guess the buzzards gotta eat too!!!!

Shane Ladewig

&gt;&gt;-----------------------------&gt;

Gonehuntin68
08-02-2009, 03:25 AM
I don't blame ya for not tracking that boar any further, once I have to go to my hands and knees to track through the thick brush at night I'm done also. Although, there is no better adrenalin rush than tracking at night in the thick stuff and have a pig growling at ya and you can't see him.

Hogdude1234
08-02-2009, 04:50 AM
Once I followed a blood trail on my hands and knees through a wild plum thicket. I came to the hole in the fence where the pigs travel, I looked ahead about 20 feet and there was my arrow, Tracer nock just flashing away. I was like, damn, gotta get that arrow. So I continued on. Talk about adrenaline rush. I really did not like the situation I was in, I could not have done anything to get out of there if I was charged. I could barely even turn around and head back. I grabbed my arrow and got out of there. I enjoyed the experience, but feel I was kinda putting myself at risk for some pork chops!!! LMAO!!!

Shane Ladewig

>>-------------------------->

CODY
08-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Congrats bro, nice fottage. Cool to see that little boar lay in the water like that. Good job, my favorite vid of yours so far. I love those day time hogs.

Hogdude1234
08-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Congrats bro, nice fottage. Cool to see that little boar lay in the water like that. Good job, my favorite vid of yours so far. I love those day time hogs.

Thanks CODY!!!! Yeah, I was glad to get that footage!!! My FAV so far too!!! LMAO!!! Those were virgin hogs!!! Never been hunted before as far as I could tell. They were pretty relaxed with that blind set up right there. Thanks for the comment!!! Good luck to you tonight!!!

Shane Ladewig

&gt;&gt;----------------------------&gt;

Jimmie
08-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Congrats on another great job on the footage; 2 porkers down..

Hogdude1234
08-03-2009, 03:45 AM
Congrats on another great job on the footage; 2 porkers down..

Thanks Jimmie!!! I appreciate the comment!!! Yeah, 2 is better than one!!!! LMAO!!!

Shane Ladewig

&gt;&gt;----------------------------------&gt;

DirtyMike
08-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Great video Shane. What kind of bow are you shooting. I am looking to get in to archery so I can hunt the granger WMA since it is closer than the farm which is 3 hrs away compared to 20 min to granger.

Hogdude1234
08-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Great video Shane. What kind of bow are you shooting. I am looking to get in to archery so I can hunt the granger WMA since it is closer than the farm which is 3 hrs away compared to 20 min to granger.

Hey thanks Man!!!! I shoot a Mathews DXT. Bow hunting is such a rush, I really like the challenge of getting up close and personal with the game I pursue!!!

Shane Ladewig

&gt;&gt;--------------------------------------&gt;

JaredG
02-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Sweet Video!!!!

ggonzales
02-11-2010, 03:05 AM
Doing a great job of putting up some quality videos, never a shortage of hog meat in your freezer!!! I still think you need to do your own hog hunting show!!!

Hogdude1234
02-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks fellas!!! I enjoy the challenge of self-filming my hunts. After doing it for a couple years I cannot image going into the woods with out my camera!!! LoneStar has started a hunting show and we are trying to get it polished up to send to the networks. Now that is a chalenge!!!