PDA

View Full Version : Some velvet bucks from 4Pines

Cuz
08-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Got these pics a few weeks ago. Man I'm ready to sticck one with an ARROW!

http://texashoghunter.com/oldatt/09 bucks 2.jpg

Cuz
08-07-2009, 05:26 PM
What ya'll dont like my pics?? :)

txbhunter1
08-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Good start of a group of bucks man. Ihave been trying to figure out where the cam is. LOL That big ol boar aint bad either.

Hogdude1234
08-08-2009, 05:56 AM
Cuz, I like your pics. That is a nice group of young bucks. If given a couple more years, they might turn out really nice. And that hog, he looks like he has been in a cool spot all day!!! LMAO!!!

Shane Ladewig

>>------------------------------------>

TexasHogHunter.com Pro Staff Member

Gonehuntin68
08-08-2009, 06:41 AM
Nice pics, good luck come October. Are you hand feeding there or do you have a hanging feeder?

Cuz
08-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Gary, Down in that bottom in the corner past #3.

HDude, I've only killed one buck with my bow ever so I have no intention in letting that wide 8 or that tall 6 walk if I get a shot at em. Since we are under antler restriction now he won't make it if I let him walk...

Gonehuntin, I put the cam on a trail and threw some sweet feed out by hand to slow em down in front of the cam.

txbhunter1
08-08-2009, 09:42 AM
I've seen sweet feed work better than corn for deer. They love it.

Hogdude1234
08-08-2009, 10:38 AM
I hear ya Cuz. Good luck to ya. I am going after my first deer period with my bow this year. I passed up some nice young deer last October. And don't have an excuse why I did not let an arrow fly on a doe last year. I tell ya what, this year is goin to be different. I am going to take my does early, then focus on hunting the Mature bucks. We are able to take 2 bucks in Montague county now. One 13" or wider and a spike, or a buck with only one branched antler. So, Cuz, there are a lot of hunters in your area who are interested in just the meat, and not managing for big racks, huh?

Shane Ladewig

>>------------------------------>

rusa7476
08-08-2009, 02:45 PM
hey hogdude, im with ya man this will be my first deer with a bow too...

i'm looking for a tag out......

give me an excuse to by more arrows...lol

Cuz
08-08-2009, 08:39 PM
We are able to take 2 bucks in Montague county now. One 13" or wider and a spike, or a buck with only one branched antler. So, Cuz, there are a lot of hunters in your area who are interested in just the meat, and not managing for big racks, huh?

Shane Ladewig

>>------------------------------>

Yea we under the same program starting this year also Shane. I LIKE IT!

And yes almost all the hunters in my area have no clue about deer managment. Opening weekend around here is like WWII. And it shouldnt be like that in a 1 buck county with 90% of them having no doe tags. Just tells you they are shooting the furst horns they see. NOT this year buddy!http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/salut.gif

Hogdude1234
08-09-2009, 02:18 AM
Cuz,

I have a neighbor here who leases his property by the day. Different hunters come in and out all season, they all can shoot 2 bucks (1 with the special antler resrtictions) and 2 doe. The land owner makes out pretty good, but I have seen more nice young bucks, and button bucks taken over there than I could believe. It really frustrates me, but proves the point that it is very hard to effectively manage your deer herd on smaller acreages. I have been working with my neighbors on the other 3 sides of the property on deer/wildlife management, they are really interested in seeing big deer, but that is it. They do not want to take the neccessary steps to get there. I guess I will continue doing my thing, feeding the deer, putting in food plots, mineral sites, etc....just so my neighbor's hunters can shoot them!!! LMAO!!! There is a 2000 acre place to the Northwest of us, there is only one hunter on there. I see a lot of wildlife entering our propety from over there to feed. I guess knowing some deer around here have a place to hide from "Joe Metroplex", makes me feel better. I take it all in stride though, cause I know a lot of the hunters bring their kids out to take their first deer, and you know how that is. Great to get kids outdoors. I can remember the first buck I shot as a kid....MAJOR ground shrinkage!!! But a trophy nontheless!!!!

__________________________________________________ __________________

Shane Ladewig

>>----------------------------------->