PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used one of these before?

Cuz
09-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Thinking about getting a few but wanted opinions first.. Thanks

The Kill Light by Elusive Wildlife?

Gonehuntin68
09-15-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm getting a couple any day now, I'm serious about night hunting with a bow and will let you know how they work.

Cuz
09-15-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm getting a couple any day now, I'm serious about night hunting with a bow and will let you know how they work.

Please do! They seem like they would be awesome especially for that price! I'd buy 5 (1 for each feeder) if they work well and don't spook the hogs.

I've had near perfect success with red lights but never tried green.

txbhunter1
09-16-2009, 01:12 AM
Guys,

I have personnallymet with Chad at Elusive and have tried his lights. If you use the 4-AA batts to power the lights, they will last several days on 1 set of batt's. If you set it up with your solar pane, they will last even longer using your existing feeder batt's. Thes lights work off of either 6 or 12 volts batteries and are very bright. The kit comes with a power cord to attach to your feeder batt. and simply plugs into your light. It has several way of mounting it also. Either by magnets, the supplied hangers or you can mount it permanently with the supplies screws. They are very nice lights. I have 3 of them, well 2, gave one to Hogdude and going to give another to Cody this weekend. When the Pro Models come out, they will have the capabilities of using a remote from your stand with a 100yd range on the remote. You can hit one button and the light will do a slow turn on and take 3 min to come to full on. That is a great feature in my opinion or you can go full on just by hitting another button. Chad is a great guy to talk to and is just like the rest of us hunters and ready to help out in any way, should you have any problems with your light.

Gonehuntin68
09-18-2009, 06:54 AM
I just got mine in and I know txbhunter1 meant they use 4 C batteries. I will hook them up tonight and let you know what I think of them. Of Course the true test will be when I get them down to the ranch and see how the pigs react.

Cuz
09-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Gary,

You mean you have ONE of them cause your bringing me one this weekend? lololol

Seriously, I would like to check it out if you can bring it along...

CODY
09-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Good ol Gary gave me one today. I played around with it at the house and I like it. I think it is brighter than the tent lights I have been using which have yielded me at least a dozen hogs or so. Big plus is it can be hocked up to your feeder battery 6 or 12 volt. Bad thing is I probably won't use it until after deer season. But, as soon as deer season is over it will get plenty of use for sure.

dougepooo
09-20-2009, 05:20 AM
Cody why would you wait until deer season is over?

Cuz
09-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Cause deer are more important! DUUUH... lol

CODY
09-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Doug, The reason why is the two places I do most of my hog hunting on I only have access to them from Feb-Aug. Both places are deer hunted by the land owners. The place I deer hunt has plenty of hogs too but I will only hunt them while deer hunting and not at night during deer season. We shot several hogs where I deer hunt this summer and we stopped hunting them a few weeks ago to let things settle down before bow season. Does that make sense?

dougepooo
09-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Yea it does but i'm thinkinyou might as well have them in place in case a hog comes in at last light while your deer hunting and also to get them used to it.I only say that because you can hook it up to your existing battery and not have to change batteries anyway. It may also make for better trail cam pics.

CODY
09-20-2009, 03:59 PM
True, true. I just might do that. I am excited to try it out for sure.

hammer68
10-08-2009, 05:50 AM
I've hunted with one before and they are fun. Kinda creepy when it's dark all around except under the feeder and you hear them coming in. I set up about ten yards away in a tripod stand. No chance of missing.

txbhunter1
10-08-2009, 06:02 AM
There is always a chance of missing man. LOL http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/mrgreen.gif

hammer68
10-08-2009, 07:56 AM
here are a couple pics...

http://texashoghunter.com/oldatt/DSCN1541.JPG