PDA

View Full Version : dead dogs due to posion put out for hogs

catchdogcrazy
10-03-2009, 09:43 AM
I thought it was illegal to put out posion bait for hogs. Ive been online all day looking for the regulations on what is allowed and not allowed. If a land owner chooses to lay out this stuff they need to know those pigs travel off their land and die.....spreading contaminated CRAP all over. 3 dogs missing, assumed dead and one put down due to nerological effects of POSION.

ISTHISLEGAL? What should i do?http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/question.gif

riverhog
10-04-2009, 01:49 AM
sorry to hear about your dogs, oklahoma allows landowners to have goverment trappers come in and set out posion for coyotes,they do have to post the property that poision is being used. usually it is a deer or pig cercas put out with poision. we have lost several dogs in our community to this posion. the state claims no responsibility, because dogs were tresspassing when they came into contact with the posion. i was not personally told this, but a coon hunter friend of mine was told this by a game warden. sorry for the loss of your dogs

USHogOutfitters
10-04-2009, 12:58 PM
thats sucks. sorry for your loss. I have run into peoples traps. snares and wolf traps that will kill a dog quick.

I dont know if hogs have been classified as a invasive species yet, but if and when they make that list in Texas, land owners can use any method they choose to kill them.

BustedAssRanch
10-08-2009, 10:36 AM
The land owner of my deer lease has a trapper that puts out poison. You might contact your local ag extension office & check to see if their trappers use poison.

Sorry for your loss.