PDA

View Full Version : Info needed

kiamichihogs
01-25-2009, 08:03 AM
Has anybody hunted hogs in the Langtry Tx area. Been invited to hunt a place there but dont know the area. Have hunted Laredo area and San Antonio [west of]. Any info will be appreciated Thanks kiamichihogs

charlie1953
01-26-2009, 01:39 PM
I have never hunted there but know the area some, it is really rough coutry, lots of cactus and thick cover, depending on time of year snake boots would be required, lots of brush and extremly hot in summer. I dont know about the hog numbers, but I'm sure there there, Good luck.

nate
01-27-2009, 02:15 AM
Idon't know anything about the place but if you can find hog sign, you should be able to score. Good hunting.

aggiebowhunter
01-27-2009, 03:26 AM
A good friend of mine has a ranch on the Rio near Dryden that we hunt desert mule deer on every year. I have never seen or even heard of hogs being in that area, unless someone has released them recently.

I just got ahold of him to make sureand he pretty much said the same thing. This was his response. "no, I haven't ever heard of a hog out there in my 15 years of hunting out there"

There are Javalina everywhere, mule deer, white tail in places,aoudad, and some feral/corsican looking sheep running around. Not to mention lots of blue quail and dove. Its definitely a target rich environment.

Randy

kiamichihogs
01-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks to you three. Really sounds good for alot of things but no hogs. Man surely one of those 3 million could wander through. Think I'll go and just enjoy the outing and maybe take a brush pig. Good hunting to all and remember its not the kill that counts, its the memories. kiamichihogs

nate
02-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Ican't imagine you don't have hogs. If not, it should not be long. If you have never killed a hog, remember when you get the shot, aim forward and low. Ilike to drill the lower shoulders together. Makes for a short blood trail!!!!http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/thumleft.gif