PDA

View Full Version : New illuminated Arrow Release

Henryseale
12-11-2009, 05:26 AM
Check out what my buddy has just invented. It is a LED illuminated release that lights up both your peep sight and your sight pins in low or no light situations. Great for night hunting and will not spook game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UunLA4h-2gY

BustedAssRanch
12-11-2009, 08:20 AM
I wonder how the light being right in your eye feels? It looked bright on the video. Interesting.

BestCresting09
12-11-2009, 11:12 AM
how is the light activated? IMO looked like it took some doing.......either way he's on to something!

Gonehuntin68
12-11-2009, 12:55 PM
It sounds like a nice idea but I think I will stick with glow paint and lighted pins.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FfQpv-he09Y/SyL3jqcWstI/AAAAAAAAAtU/y6QUtZrGswY/s400/ss3+(Medium).JPG

txbhunter1
12-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Seems nlike all of that bright light next to your eye would put on quite a bit of glare. Iknow that my motion lights at home do when I'm shooting after dark.

Hogdude1234
12-12-2009, 03:12 AM
I think I am going to try the glow in the dark paint next...but I have kinda been putting more emphasis on my shooting form than focusing on getting the peep aligned and everything...I mean, I still use my peep, but I cannot really remember the last time I shot a hog at night where I really focused on that...since I could not really see it that well anyway. I agree with Gary on this product, any other light source would give me a glare....I had to stick a small "filter", a piece of round paper from a hole punch and put it inbetween my pin light and the fiber optics...it was just too bright and was making it hard to see the target...that made all of the difference in the world....now, at night, my pins are about the same brightness as compared to the way they look shooting during the day.

Also, I am not sure how this light is activated, but I imagine a little pressure switch on the release...wouldn't pushing a button on the realease kinda make you torque it a bit? Maybe not, just thinking out loud here!!!

Shane Ladewig

>----------------------------->

TexasHogHunter.com Pro Staff Member