PDA

View Full Version : catching hogs

riverhog
12-18-2009, 01:30 AM
Whatdo most people do with the hogs that are caught with dogs?I harvest all the hogs that my dogs catch, but lately i have been catching alot of ear marked hogs. I have inquiredlocally about the ear marked hogs and have found out that years earlier a group of dog hunters had come down to one of the local big ranches and had caught alot of hogs. They were catching the hogs and earmarkin them and then releasing them. The owner found out and asked them to leave the property, he wanted the hogs harvested. There are some local dog hunters thar catch and sell the hogs . I was wondering what most people do with the hogs that they catch?

ggonzales
12-18-2009, 06:54 AM
I heard of some serious hunters ground the meat up and feed them to the hog dogs as food, me personally I would make a whole lot of Bacon, pork chops and sauseage and definitely put some on the pit to slow cookl for all my buddies to enjoy!!!

USHogOutfitters
12-20-2009, 01:05 AM
I give many of the hogs away to people that hunt with me. I also feed the dogs and my family. You have to know that we catch 10 to 20 hogs a week(and thats a slow week), way to much meat for any one person. I also donate tons of hog meat to local people. My job is to kill them all and it seems as hard to give it away as it is to catch them sometimes.