PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice from my friends at TexasHogHunter.....

DosPlumas2009
02-06-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm at a loss...Ireally need some advice/ideas.....anything is appreciated!

On my website, Ihave a weekly Monday morning radio show that I do. I've done this for a few months now but my ideas have gone cu-put. Man, it's hard to think of things to talk about on a weekly basis...I always do some "shout-outs" to guys but I don't want people to get bored with just me talking. lol...

So, calling all ninjas! I need ideas on what to talk about.........any advice?????

One things does come to mind right now...shout out for TexasHogHunter.com! This is a great site...

God bless...http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/thumleft.gifhttp://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/thumleft.gif

Allen

www.DosPlumasHuntingRanch.com

http://texashoghunter.com/oldatt/023.JPG

txbhunter1
02-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Tips and tactics for stalking hogs, best all around weapons, best round for said weapons, archery tackle, night time hunting, scent control, sizing up a trophy, Turtle Popping, (LOL), best time to hunt them when they are most active, best shot placement, just a few off the top of my head. Best of luck Allen!! Hope the "Ninja's"from Co make a road trip sometime soon.

Gary

Lukeclayton
02-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Gary, Luke Clayton here. I am confused. Do you do a 'radio' show, as a show on radio stations or is it a recorded mp3 file that you have you your web site? I will go to your site and check it out. Best of luck with your new endeavor.

txbhunter1
02-07-2010, 02:13 AM
Luke, you are a bit confused. It is Allen, from Dos PLumas Ranch (one of our sponsors) that has the show. You can get more info by clicking on the banner on top of the home pg for Dos Plumas. Good luck........

Lukeclayton
02-07-2010, 02:20 AM
I was wondering if it was a 'radio' show or an mp3 segment on a web site. Will check it out. Always interested in listening to new radio programs pertaining to the outdoors.

txbhunter1
02-07-2010, 02:30 AM
Allen and Lori are great folks. Give them a hollar or better yet, go and have a look at his operation. You won't be dissappointed.

Lukeclayton
02-07-2010, 02:45 AM
Yes, I have heard many good things about their ranch. I know they are top notch folks. lc

dougepooo
02-07-2010, 03:10 AM
Bring guests on your show, review hog hunting products, try to start a hog control system where peaple can call you and you then make it known on the air that those lands are open to hog hunting by the public on whatever dates. take calls an e-mail questions from listeners. review the weather conditions.........

Hogdude1234
02-07-2010, 03:20 AM
I was thinking maybe you could do a segment on air with other hog hunters via phone and pick thier brains a bit. I know where you can find a few!!! LOL

ggonzales
02-08-2010, 03:05 AM
How about a show about the economic impact of hunting to the Texas economy and how the state legislature can better improve the whole world of hunting period by promoting outdoor opportunities to others especially our future genrations!!!

rusa7476
02-11-2010, 09:41 AM
you could always add a cooking segment... i know there are several guys with stacks of meat but just dont know how to cook or prepare it.....

DosPlumas2009
02-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Awesome ideas guys! Thanks everyone...HogDude1234 I especially like your idea of someone calling in and talking with me. It seems like...well, it is just me talking. Now, I know I'm interesting and all but come on! How much of just me can you take???? lol It would be great to have some of ya'll calling in...I really enjoy this site and have met some great guys I now call friends....let me check with the person who set this up and see if that's possible....I think that's a great start.....

DosPlumas2009
02-12-2010, 10:03 AM
I was wondering if it was a 'radio' show or an mp3 segment on a web site. Will check it out. Always interested in listening to new radio programs pertaining to the outdoors.

I dunno...lol...I just run the ranch. This is something my wife is making me do!

DosPlumas2009
02-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Well, well...it seems we can have guests call in! How about that? Who wants to be my first guest??

Jimmie
02-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Provide a phone # and someone will call...

DosPlumas2009
02-12-2010, 02:22 PM
I have to do a little more planning than that...I need to go over some things with whoever calls because this will be my first time with a guest and there are procedures...things that I have to do on my side of the computer... that I have to follow according to the "powers that be"...lol...

Can anyone commit to a discussion/interview on Monday morning at 8am? lol...come on...it will be fun!

Hogdude1234
02-12-2010, 06:20 PM
214-797-8642

Let's visit Allen!!!!

DosPlumas2009
02-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Sounds good...I'll give you a call tomorrow...

DosPlumas2009
02-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Haven't forgotten about you HogDude...had to make some adjustments to the call in segment...will holler at you late in the week...again appreciate it...

Hogdude1234
02-16-2010, 03:34 PM
I was waiting by the phone Monday...it never rang!!! LOL Just kidding. Holler at me anytime!!!

Hogdude1234
02-23-2010, 01:40 AM
Hey "Allen" LOL!!! Thanks for having me on you radio show. That was fun and I look forward to doing it again. You and "Lori" keep up the great work!!! Hope to get some guys from THH together to come hunt with ya'll again!!!!

kbar32
02-23-2010, 03:26 AM
I am trying to find public places to hunt and I dont know where to look, that would be a great topic. Tips and techniques for staying warm in a stand. Mosquito repellant review, what works best! How to hunt different weather conditions and moon phases. Do product testing and rate them for listeners. Ammunition review for most popular hunting calibers ( grain, expansion, accuracy, etc.) Man it is just endless!

ghaffar niazi
03-31-2022, 01:36 AM
https://apkprobox.com/ingress-prime-mod-apk-latest-version/