PDA

View Full Version : blown out

riverhog
02-07-2010, 12:34 PM
does anyone else have problems with hogs blowin out the top or back of box traps, have had 2 different traps blown out this weekend, i'm using heavy guage panels. i use to put bars on the back, but trying to keep traps lighter.

Gigem
02-07-2010, 01:12 PM
I had one get out last week from a trap that had a back panel covered in chain link fabric......the hog went through it....not under, over or beside it, but through it. Judging from the tracks in the trap I'm going to guess that it was about a 150 lb pig. You're a badass if you're tough enough to be able to poke your nose, head and body through a chain link fence.

It seemed like a good idea when we made the trap years ago but I guess it stretches too much. After the hog got out, you couldn't hardly see the hole....it was about the size of softball.

Jordan1991
02-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I make trapps i have never honestly seen them blow the sides out the backs and front are gunna be the most hard hit weld some rebar about 3/4 the ways up the front and back and see if that stops them.

ggonzales
02-08-2010, 03:10 AM
We had one early in the season but it was a monster pig, that's part of the game your gonna lose a pig every now and then!!!