PDA

View Full Version : ONE BAD ASS HOG. HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN THIS BEFORE?

Jordan1991
02-14-2010, 04:06 PM
So the first pic (TANK)i caught this guy on my deer cam. He looks like he has been threw hell and back. From what i can tell His tail and ears are gone. I bet this dude is a trooper. I would hate to come face to face with him ina swamp. HASANYONESEENTHISBEFORE.

The Second picture (FURBALL 1,2)is one that i caught on deer cam as well i personally have never seen a hog with this much fur. Has anyone ever seen somethiing like this before.

Help me out let me know if i have two Trorhy hogs on my hands and what the cause of these two might be and weather yall have seen this before.

Thanks

Enjoy

http://texashoghunter.com/oldatt/MDGC0419.JPG

Hogdude1234
02-14-2010, 04:33 PM
My neighbor used hogs to train his dogs on and they got thier ears ripped off and eventually escaped his pen...I see a few of them on my trail cam pics every now and then. They are very, very smart. They know exactly what a human smells like!!!

CODY
02-14-2010, 05:55 PM
nice rare pics you got there, that one sure does have alot of hair........alot...........I think it's time to put one of them down for a better look.........good luck, hope you get them both

Jordan1991
02-14-2010, 06:32 PM
yea man ill keep you posted with new pics if i get one

dougepooo
02-15-2010, 02:42 AM
I suspect the hog missing ears and tail lost them to dogs or coyotes weather in a training pen or just out in the wild. Very possible just house dogs running loose caught up to this guy, maybe while he was much younger, and tried to kill it till they got to tired to hold onto it anymore and then it escaped. He is ugly that way I think.

As for the long hair, I've seen that plenty of times. I think it is just genetic and some have it and others don't.It may have to do with the length of time that particular hog and his/her lineage have been wild. Watch the slide show on the home page and you will see a big difference from one hog to another in hair length.

Jordan1991
02-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Yea i never thought about it that way. i still think he would be a trophy in my opinion

drhntr214
02-15-2010, 04:08 PM
I have killed a couple without ears, but I just chalked it up dog hunters that did not know what they were doing.

aggiebowhunter
02-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Notice you have hogs with no ears and no nuts.

What you are dealing with are hogs that have been caught by someone when they were young. Typically young male hogs are cut then the tail is bobbed off and the ears are marked.

This way when you see a bobtailed hog in the wild you will know he will be good to eat because he has been cut.

This is all about trophy eating.

Jordan1991
02-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Thanks i learn something new everyday.

jusridin
02-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Come end of the day that's how I keep count on which pigs my dog caught. My dog likes to take off the ears. One day he hit a red boar about 350lbs and the ear tore loose and the pig cut him a couple times on his butt. That didn't last long, but by the time I broke my dog off that hog he was minus 2 ears. So yeah, I've seen it a few times. So somebody used that pig to train their dogs or that bad ass boy shook one bad ass dog.

riverhog
02-17-2010, 02:24 PM
my ole pit was bad about catchin pigs by the ear, have had several times that the pig lost his ear, got me cut up one time. as stated above alot of guys turn their catch pin pigs loose after they are about used up, minus ears,tails and some other parts.

also have an ole cowboy friend that when he catches young boars he cuts them then ear notches their left ear

haven't seen that hairy of a pig in my area, been on one ranch up in central okla., that has european boars, seen some up there that looked like the one on your trail cam. good hogs hope you get them

Jordan1991
02-22-2010, 07:01 AM
Saw the one with no ears and tail again.

mrbigtex
03-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Many of the hogs in my area have the long hair like that. Check out my album Hawgs.

http://texashoghunter.com/oldatt/DSCF4828.JPG