PDA

View Full Version : HOG HUNTING LEASE

redog
02-18-2010, 01:17 PM
What ya think ....is 2k too much to pay for a 100ac hog lease?...it allows deer hunting also but im really looking for a hog place.

Jordan1991
02-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Hell Yea way to much. Just for hog.i could see paying that for a few thousand acre and some really big deer plus hog. Alot of farmers and ranchers will let you hunt for free. Just find an area and start doing some door knocking. Or post an ad on craigslist.

drhntr214
02-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Thats $ 20.00 an acre. No way I'd pay that. My deer lease goes for $ 10.00 an acre and the hogs a just a VERY good bonus!

Gigem
02-18-2010, 02:30 PM
That sounds high to me as well...$20/acre is a good number if you're leasing land for grazing, but it's too high for hog hunting, IMHO.

ggonzales
02-19-2010, 05:00 AM
I may be old fashion but I know people that only pay $350 to $650 for the whole year to hunt everything on a 100 acres with a descent camp housem accomadations, but if you got the money and the place is nice I guess 2 g's might be worth it!!!

dougepooo
02-19-2010, 10:36 AM
i would'nt even concider that deal.

hogfreak96
02-21-2010, 09:52 AM
i wouldn't do it

redog
02-21-2010, 02:33 PM
I did`nt but the guy next door did .....so now i need to get my blind and feeder out of there ...need a pig lease guys....I am willing to pay for a GREAT pig place

cabledad
02-22-2010, 03:57 AM
I am too,I don't care about deer hunting just hogs.Chuck

jinxman420
02-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Does anyone know of anywhere I could go hog hunting with some friends? We have been trying to find a place to go hunt, but everywhere is just to damn expensive.

cabledad
02-24-2010, 01:23 AM
Somebody had a craiglisting in the Dallas area for a ranch in Cotulla area for hog hunt on 10,000 acres for $200 for the weekend room included.It sounds as reasonable to me as I have heard.No limit on the hogs as I know.Good luck.Chuck

Hogdude1234
02-24-2010, 03:20 AM
If you are looking for a great time and fun hunt you should check out Dos Plumas Ranch. Their website it www.dosplumashuntingranch.com. The hog hunting area is high fenced and they have alot of hogs. If you are looking to get your moneys worth and come home with some pork, then you should book a hunt there. You would be very lucky to find the hogs on 10,000 acres in a weekend...that is unless you have a guide or they have feeders in place and slinging corn. I hunted there and and had a blast whacking 2 nice hogs!!!

ggonzales
02-25-2010, 02:42 AM
Attention!!! Now offering day Hog Hunts just 15 minutes from downtown CC, TX!! Great prices and rate of success!! See below info.

What: Hog Hunts

- morning, evening, or full day

- 200 acre gated ranch with cut cenderos

- 6 rifle blinds with electric feeders (50-150 yds)

- 2 bow hunting stands with electric feeders (30 yds)

- year round feeding

- sighted in rifles may be lent out upon request

(All Hogs must be taken by either rifle or bow only! Sorry, but absolutely no dogs allowed on ranch. We dont want them chasing our deer!)

Where:

- 15 minutes from CC, TX. We are located on the shoreline of the Nueces Bay in-between Gregory Portland and Odem, TX. You can come from either 181 or 77. We will meet you at an agreed upon location and lead you into the ranch.

Price:

- $150 flat rate (no kill fees on Hogs)

- 2nd hunt at no cost if you dont shoot

(There is a high success rate and we would love to give a money back garuntee. However, we spend alot of time and money doing these hunts and can not come away empty handed. We want you to be successfull though, so we offer a 2nd hunt at no cost if you do not shoot the first time. Does not apply for misses or wounded animals.)

Contact Info: 361-945-1441

- call to set hunt or for additional info

- please do not call before 8 am or after 10 pm (thanks)

WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU OUT, SO PLEASE CALL!!

I have hunted this area before and it is full of good size hogs, plus as a bonus the ranch is located on Nueces Bay and if you ask the landowner he may allow you to fish for Redfish as part of the hunting package!!!