PDA

View Full Version : finally 2 down

riverhog
03-07-2010, 04:52 AM
pigs came across the river at 8:15 last night, hit the pecan bottom and started moving toward the stand, damn they make alot of noise crackin pecans. They came in behind me, had to get up and turn around to get a shot. shot the sow first, while i gettin ready to get down i saw the trail cam flash. I turned on the light and the boar was out in the field. took a shot on him. I couldn't find either pig last night, took the dogs down this mornin and recovered both pigs. the sow went about 200 yards, the boar went about 75 yds. they went different directions than i thought. They were shot with a 280. gonna have to get me a different light, had a hard time seein crosshair of scope with the light i have

http://texashoghunter.com/oldatt/dwights farm night 003.JPG

txbhunter1
03-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Put a Sniper Hawglight- "Destroyer"on there and your light issues will be solved. Congrat's man. Sounds like you do alot of horse trading for weapons. Igot a WInchester Mod 94AE, .44 mag Imay be willing to trade with you for??????

riverhog
03-07-2010, 03:10 PM
what are you lookin for, lot of guys bought guns for deer season and are gettin rid of them, have a old style ruger -blue/ wood, 25-06, {possibly could have a ruger m77 vt-ss/laminated 220 swift-} just let me know what u are lookin for and i'll try and find one

got to get me one of those lights, they look good on the videos

IcelandBP
03-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Yes riverhog SNIPER LIGHTS!!!!!

ggonzales
03-08-2010, 02:17 AM
What kind of light are you using right now? Great job of taking two pigs down, how do you handle you meat after, do you take it to a processor or do the quartering yourself?

riverhog
03-08-2010, 05:36 AM
i'm using an old " night blaster" made by optronics.

i do all the processing of the meat. i have a cooler for hanging animals when it is hot, most of the hogs are just quartered, i also grind and cut some hogs. I donate 98 % of the hogs to needy families and to groups for cookouts. I also smoke alot of quarters for people.

lawki
03-08-2010, 11:52 AM
What are you guys using to wrap your guns in camo? I see you and SirVival both have similar wraps on your guns. Are you using camo gun wrap (http://www.cabelas.com/p-0028170226906a.shtml)or something else?

riverhog
03-08-2010, 03:24 PM
i use several different brands, the best i have come across is a stretch wrap, it is adheres to itself, found it at walmart.com, the other is a camo gun sock, it comes as one piece, have to cut it pieces to fit a bolt action, u can find it a cabela's or any sportingood store. Cheaper than dirt also has some different types of gun wrap and gun socks. i don'e use any type that has to stick to the gun, i trade alot so i don't want to ruin any finishes. good huntin

lawki
03-09-2010, 06:14 AM
ok - i saw some at BPS last night made by Beartooth that seem like the would be good. I also have a gun sock that I would have to cut to allow for the trigger and the bolt action to work. thanks for the info.