PDA

View Full Version : NO SIGN AT ALL....HELP

Jordan1991
03-07-2010, 01:26 PM
So i have a lillte over 300 acres in van zandt county that i hunt. No one else hunts the land and for the past couple years the pig population has exploded and i have got some very good size trophy hogs , as you can tell by my pics. the land is mostly bottom land and has about an inch of standing water in most place during the winter and spring (swamps) the pigs love it. The past two weeks i have seen no pigs at all and my camera has not caught anything at all as well. i put out a hog pipe two weeks ago and the pigs havent touched it.. has anyone ever had the pigs just disappear randomly. i doubt anyone else around me is hunting or trapping them. i know the guy that owns all the land around mine and all he does is fish..... can someone offer an explanation

Thanks

txbhunter1
03-07-2010, 01:35 PM
In the past, Ihave been ate up with them in some of the developments that Itake care of and then they are gone never to return. They are nomadic animals and sometimes they come back and sometimes they don't. Just keep looking and they may be there somewhere. Good luck man...

riverhog
03-07-2010, 02:59 PM
they will come back, hogs down here move around quite alot, they found a food source some where, keep your area baited, they will come back

ggonzales
03-07-2010, 03:09 PM
I feel your pain, we had the same thing happen to us at two of our hunting locations, we go from having 20-30 pigs hitting the feeders to seeing nothing for weeks at a time. They do move around alot and it's hard to pin point a reason on why they leave, just like river hog said keep the area baited, try different baits (disel corn, flour, grain, salt) try putting out some rubs made with used motor oil or carpet squares soaked with disel, keep the trail cams over your bait and see what happens. Worst case scenario is that something may have spooked the hogs away temporarily, but bait will bring them back soon!!!