PDA

View Full Version : RAY Roberts wma

wtmitch
03-11-2010, 04:17 PM
I've been thinking about buying APH license to hog hunt at the ray roberts wma.I was just wandering if any one knew how the hunting is there and maybe what areas hold the most hogs.

ggonzales
03-12-2010, 01:38 AM
I never hunted Ray Roberts but have hunted plenty of public land units and there are lots of hogs out there. My advice would be to check it out, TPWD APH permits are affordable and just get out there and do some scouting. I like for good shooting areas where I can set up and have nice clear shots.

lawki
03-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Does anyone else hunt the Public Land areas?

If so, please share your experiences.

I have thought about getting the permit but am sceptical of the amount of widlife on these areas.

ggonzales
03-12-2010, 03:50 PM
I know there are some pretty good areas to hunt public lands in South Texas, Choke Canyon has some good deer hunting and Aransas Wildlife Refuge has some good hog hunting. I mainly utilize the permit for Dove hunting in Sept and Oct, there is some real good dove hunt locations and more areas that not allow hog hunting.

MdmSzdWhtGuy
07-09-2010, 01:43 PM
I've been thinking about buying APH license to hog hunt at the ray roberts wma.I was just wandering if any one knew how the hunting is there and maybe what areas hold the most hogs.

Are you allowed to use a rifle on those lands? Or is it bow and shotgun only? Thanks in advance.

cabledad
07-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I just looked on there website and they said bow hunting for hogs only,bummer. Chuck