PDA

View Full Version : Hunting and Traping around Glen Rose / Walnut Springs

TexasHoger
03-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Hello to all Nobleman of the Texas Hog,

Has anyone hunted near Glen Rose off of 67? It is real close to the dinosaur park. Obama Suck's and I are about to start on a lease and was wondering if anyone could share any experiences or advice? We will use a lot of the tips and tricks found here. Just want a high success rate and quick, "yes I am a typical american" I was actually able to see the back wall in the deep freeze and that isn’t a good feeling.
Time for True or False, Answer me this... Everyone I talk with says the Hogs won’t be lured in by baits but they will definitely stop to feed if it is on course with their travel. T or F? http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/salut.gif

mrbigtex
03-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Hogs travel to feed. If your "bait" becomes their food source, they will make a point to visit routinely. It will take some time to condition them, but I have had some hogs "visit" my feeder routinely enough that I have named them! In time your bait will become their travel destination. It will be quicker if you bait a trail they already use with a rub or bait, but they will eventually find any available food source.