PDA

View Full Version : Hogdown With Hogdude

txbhunter1
04-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Iwas working up in Pro Staff Member Hogdude's neck of the woods awhile back and got a hold of him to do some hog hunting. I was lucky to pop one, but we could not find it that night. Shane went in the next day and did the bird dogging and finally found her. As you can see he has no shortage of hogs running around his ranch. Iwished the bunch of them had come out, cause there were some bigun's in that first bunch to cross the wheat field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLBsGzoBSHA

Thanks Shane for the hunt and I'll be back.

Gary

Topgun
04-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Cool video! Maybe the next time I get down to Texas I can get together with you guys up there because it sure looks like those hogs need to be thinned out, LOL!!!

CODY
04-04-2010, 04:56 PM
congrat's Gary nice sow...........I love those piebalds...............that was a big group of daytime hogs.........would of been alot of fun with an AR15 right there, Shane sure does have the hogs

ggonzales
04-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Nice food plot, what do you got growing in that field? I like the elevated blind set up and I see the hwag light set up on the lever action riffle, nice!!!

Hogdude1234
04-08-2010, 05:15 AM
That field is planted in wheat, and winter peas to add nitrogen...basically planted for cattle...but the deer, hogs, and turkey are all over it as well. Those tower stands have been on this place for over 25 years...they are great blinds, but a bit noisy being made of tin and square tubing. Lots of BIG bucks have been harvested outta that particular blind!!!

ggonzales
04-08-2010, 05:55 AM
I like hunting out of tower blinds it really gives you a nive view over the property. At the Berry ranch in Tilden TX they use to have "Bell" tower blinds 30 ft in the air and they would sway alot and when you would fire a shot they would ring for a long time!!!