PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: missing hogs

marshall
02-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Well, it's been well over a month since the hogs disappeared. The last time a big sounder came in was Dec. 22nd. Heck, it's been almost 2 months. A single hog or two had shown up every now and then, but none at all since Jan. 23rd. I know, I know. Everyone says "that's hogs for ya" but, they had been coming in for so long and then whooosh, they're gone. I've got practically the HOG HILTON set up down there. I've got a 300 lb. feeder with corn and strawberry jello, sour corn in holes, a cresote soaked scratchin' post, sow-in-heat and plenty of dense cover for them to hide in. No pressure on them at all since I haven't been down there except to check my camera every few days. It's just weird.

txbhunter1
02-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Man, Ifeel for ya. Been there before. Have the world cornered for hogs and then one day they are gone never to return. They are nomads bud, nothing much you can do about it.

bryon
03-03-2009, 03:35 PM
there not missing someone has found them.you have to watch sometime;s who you tell where you hunt places you go .. sad but happens all the timeeven to the point they take them out of your trap. i found reflective closepins markers so they could see how to go to my trap at night in the dark . Its sad there are people like that.

NelsonV
03-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Mine are also on the migration right now. They always return. It's just a matter of time. It gives me time to get the thick stuff and scout for new bedding areas and trails.