PDA

View Full Version : rub pole

riverhog
04-11-2010, 06:04 AM
found this old utility and drug it down into one of the sloughs about 3 weeks ago, plan was to dig a hole and stand it upright. got busy and couldn't find timeto get it done,went to do itthursday morning, hogs had already found it and are using it. going to leave it like it is

http://texashoghunter.com/oldatt/pics 002.JPG

Jordan1991
04-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Whats the best kinda pole to put up and what kinda pattern should you put them up in

Hogdude1234
04-11-2010, 02:16 PM
I had a creosote soaked pole...about 5 foot long and put it out the other day...just threw it out in an area where I knew hogs traveled...did not bury it or anything...I checked on it today and it is covered in dirt and is abot 60 yards from where i put it. Hogs definitely like them poles!!!!

ggonzales
04-11-2010, 03:05 PM
I found a whole bunch of rail road ties near just outside of my hometown that are soaked with cresote and that is my next project to set some up at the ranch to see how good they attract the hogs or keep them around!!

Jordan1991
04-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Anyone know were i can pick some cresote up and paint a few post with it and how much it cost?????

riverhog
04-11-2010, 05:22 PM
this pole came off a right of way where they were puttin up new poles, they cut the poles in half and let the rancher have them. i don't know if you can buy cresote any more, old railroad ties with cresote will work. just put them out around sign, pigs will find them

CODY
04-11-2010, 06:17 PM
I have never put one out for hunting. But one of the places I hunt has one that has been laying on the ground for years and it almost always has mud on it from the hogs.

Hogdude1234
04-12-2010, 03:01 AM
Call your local phone company and ask to speak to the guy responsible for the poles and all that kinda stuff...I bet he can get you a pole or two...I you are in need a a spool for any reason, this is a good place to look as well...I have gotten several of them fromt the co-op for free to use a work benches in the shop.