PDA

View Full Version : HOG CALLS

Jordan1991
04-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Ihave fox pro game call that i can download hog calls for. i have never had any sucess with calling in hogs before.. i was wondering what yalls opinion is on hog calling and what calls yall have had sucess with.

txbhunter1
04-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Never had much luck with calls and very little with scents. Best thing for hogs is quietness. LOL!!!!

Hogdude1234
04-11-2010, 02:12 PM
No luck with calls at all...like Doug said about 6 months or more ago on a thread...if a hog is close enough to hear your call...it is probably headed your direction anyway. The best way to hunt hogs is over bait in my opinion...or with Gigem...LOL...the only reason a hog gets out of it's bed is for food or water mainly...they are out there trying to survive/strive and they seem to have one thing on their minds and that is food...usually. Not much luck with scents either.

Good luck hunting to you all!!!!

riverhog
04-11-2010, 05:27 PM
no luck at all with calls, have a cass creek electronic call- has several different sounds- haven't had anything to come in while using it

CODY
04-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Me and a buddy have used a call a few times and had a little luck with it, KIND OF. We called in this one spot twice, a week apart with a tape that had hogs feeding on it and had a herd come in both times but we kind of think that they were probably traveling the trail already. Both times it was late evening right at dark. We have used the call about a dozen times and those were the only two times that we saw anything after we used it. For the most part I don't think that they work. Like Hogdude said BAIT AND WATER are where it's at when it comes to hog huntin.

USHogOutfitters
04-14-2010, 10:05 AM
momma sows will sometimes come to a rabbit in distress call