PDA

View Full Version : Which BowLite

txbhunter1
02-16-2009, 06:57 AM
Alright guys, I am stuck between 2 of these lites now. Which one have you guys used and found more durable and give the best beam for the shot?

Hawglite or the Archery Affliction Lite

marshall
02-16-2009, 10:28 AM
HawgLite for sure, I have several different lights for night hunting, the new "hawgLite Marauder" is by far the best of em all!

Bweger
02-18-2009, 01:05 AM
txbhunter1 (http://texashoghunter.com/profile.php?user=txbhunter1) wrote...

Alright guys, I am stuck between 2 of these lites now. Which one have you guys used and found more durable and give the best beam for the shot?

Hawglite or the Archery Affliction Lite

Either one I have them both and they are pretty much equal. I have killed several hogs with my Marauder. The Stabalite is just as good a light with the darker red filter.

txbhunter1
02-18-2009, 03:33 AM
Ijust ordered the Hawglite this morning, so we will see how well it works, once I am healed up.

Jason
02-20-2009, 02:05 AM
these lights i here yall talking about how do the hook up to the bow and how much does it effect the bow?

txbhunter1
02-20-2009, 02:09 AM
They screw right into the stabilizer hole and have little effect on the bow. The fit just as a stabilizer would. They have acontact switch that attaches to your riser.Ijust ordered the new Hawglite Marauder, but Archery Affliction makes one also. Check them out for yourself online www.hawglite.com (http://www.hawglite.com) and www.archeryaffliction.com (http://www.archeryaffliction.com)

txbhunter1
02-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Got my Hawglite Marauder today in the mail. It is already on my bow and ready to go. Man does it shine a nice light beam out to 30yds.

howie1968
02-21-2009, 02:12 AM
definately the marauder, it does not take filters but rather extra led heads is totally adjustable and runs off 3 AAA batteries, not only that kelly backs his products!!! any probl;ems kelly will make it right ive been on his staff for nearly 5 years now and have shot 100 s of hogs with the original and the awesome marauder i tested the proto type and personally have dropped it several times from 12 feet up and the light came on i have over 3500 hits on the pressure switch and it still came on, i know the light that stays on my bow!!

Jason
02-21-2009, 05:10 AM
are there any issues with seeing through your peep or does the light actually help?

also which color do yall recommend

txbhunter1
02-21-2009, 05:31 AM
Iadjusted my lite last night on my bow and there are no issues with seeing through the peep. It works even better with my lighted fibers. Just like shooting in the daylight. Ican't wait to try it out.

squirt
02-22-2009, 12:49 AM
I dont know what the hawglite costs, but I can tell ya what I did last night. I have a few optronics varnmint lights that pops on your riflescope. I have 3 compound bows and a few stabliziers. I popped one on my bow (100 yrd light) and stuck the battery in my coat pocket. It comes with a red lens that can easily pop off. Well, last night, I was eager to try it out, so I went into my backyard and spotted this damn rabbit that is alway in my yard. I drew back with the light on and red lens off. Worked like a charm. RABBIT STEW ANYONE?????

Jason
02-22-2009, 03:43 AM
Does the white lite scare the hogs or does it really matter. i seen the videos for the red and the green light but kinda hard to really tell with the camera.

What other lites are out there besides the stablite. im leaning to get the marauder but would like some more comparisons first.

txbhunter1
02-22-2009, 03:55 AM
Those are the only 2 that Ihave found that actually screw in where the stablizer does. Ihave used the red for hogs and for deer and it does not seem to bother them. Ihave also used the older varmint lights that fit onto scopes, but have them fit to my old metal stabilizers. They are alot heavier. This Maurader looks as though it is gonna be a great addition to my arsonal for the hogs. You can also buy it with a scope attachment so you can use it with your firearms. The hawglite runs 137 bucks with shipping, not including the gun mount. The Archery Affliction lite runs somewhere around 90 bucks. You can buy the varmint lights like squirt has for somewhere about 70 bucks. They have the plastic clips that attach right to the scope for your rifle if that is the same one Iam thinking about.

squirt
02-22-2009, 04:19 AM
I thought that that the optronics 100yrd light would be too heavy on my bow, boy was I wrong. I readjusted my tru-glo sight just a little bit. Popped that rabbit last night at 21.5 yrds. just got done running 13 stix thru my bow. Hitting bullseye 9 times with quarter-inch groups at 30yrds using my 2nd pin. My favorite bow is light, so with the added ounces, plus after changing my stabilizer, I dare a pig to step out in the open. @ 40yrds, PORKCHOPS BABY. I keep the red lens on as not to spook em.

Jason
02-22-2009, 05:40 AM
Squirt do you have a link so i can check out your light or you got a pic of it?

thinking the hawglite might be the way to go for me

txbhunter1
02-22-2009, 06:09 AM
Cabelas's sell's them along with Gander Mountain.

Jason
02-22-2009, 06:22 AM
have to check them out tommorrow at work when i aint doing nothing wait thats all day lol. got to hate being deployed with nothing to do or kill lol.

txbhunter1
02-22-2009, 06:47 AM
Just sent you a couple of emails for both deer and for the hunting lights.

squirt
02-22-2009, 07:40 AM
I don't have any pics as of yet. I have it set up nice though. I will break out the cam and nap a pic for you. Jason, I wish you make it home safely bro. My brother is a JarHead and my sister is 82nd Airborn. 33 confirmed kills between the two since 2004. I, on the other hand, took my chances with staying right here in GOOD OL U.S.A....lol. Come on home so we can hunt.

txbhunter1
02-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Isecond that. Get ur ass on home so we can take care of business. LOL

Jason
02-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Squirt the Jarhead i can deal with lol the Sister in the 82nd i dont know, i know how the 82nd is lol but long as she is your sister i wont hold it against her or you lol. my confirmed kills since i started deploying 1 eurasian lynx 6 rabbits and a iraqi grey fox, two legged varmits not sure lol. that with 3 deployments all kills on my last deployment lol.