PDA

View Full Version : 2 down with the ole 25-06

riverhog
05-21-2010, 01:50 PM
farmers wife called and said varmits were gettin her chickens, loaded up some 75 grain hornady v-maxs- and grabbed the old 25-06 from the safe and headed out. I set up abot 75 yards from the chicken coop, in a pop up blind. around 25 muinutes later cows came out of the bottom on a dead run, a couple of the old cows would turn around and put their heads down and make a run back towards the bottom. I watched this for several minutes, wondering if i had enough fire power for what was buggering these cows. suddenly this ole sow came up out of the bottom with 6 smaller pigs behind her. she woul make a run at the closest cow, then go back to the smaller pigs. they finall broke clear of the cows and started across the field at a pretty good pace, put the cross hairs on her nose and pulled the trigger, she dropped in her tracks, 3 of the smaller pigs headed back to the bottom the other 3 headed on across the field, got one of them but it took a couple of shots. once it had quitened down the cows were all gathered around the old sow, went up and loaded her up in the truck, damn ole cows followed me all the way up to the cattlguard. think they were happy she was leaving

http://texashoghunter.com/oldatt/neww 001.JPG

SirVival
05-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Great story and cool pics!!!! Gotta love it when the ole' eye pops out!.... Good Job!!!

Gonehuntin68
06-05-2010, 03:06 AM
Congrats, Happy cows don't come from California, they come from Riverhog protecting them.LOL

Jordan1991
06-05-2010, 07:19 AM
How are your mutts doing man

CODY
06-05-2010, 10:48 AM
nice job, your stackin them up