PDA

View Full Version : Hogs are tough!!!

Hogdude1234
05-26-2010, 05:32 PM
<embed height="344" width="425" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pw9ElNEl208%26hl=en%26fs=1%26rel=0%26ap=%2526fmt=1 8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>

ARGH!!!!!!!! http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/wall.gif

ggonzales
05-27-2010, 02:53 AM
Another great video

txbhunter1
05-27-2010, 02:59 AM
We have all been there bro. It sucks not finding ur animal, but hey, the yotes got to eat too right? LOL

dougepooo
05-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Shane, With my tracking dogs I see this scenario all the time. What I'm pretty sure happened here is that you hit the spine but didn't break it. The impact jolts them pretty good and temporarily paralyzes them for various amounts of time, but if they do get over it and get up they are gone and wont die anytime soon if at all. Had a guy last year shot a real nice buck, walked over and took pics with his phone and texted a few peaple only to have it regain it's composure and get up and run away. I told the guy who I was going with to track it, his dog not mine, what i thought had happened and that we would never find this one and we didn't. Anouther guy did the same thing with a doe and had already poosted it on face book when it got up and ran away.

Hogdude1234
05-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Shane, With my tracking dogs I see this scenario all the time. What I'm pretty sure happened here is that you hit the spine but didn't break it. The impact jolts them pretty good and temporarily paralyzes them for various amounts of time, but if they do get over it and get up they are gone and wont die anytime soon if at all. Had a guy last year shot a real nice buck, walked over and took pics with his phone and texted a few peaple only to have it regain it's composure and get up and run away. I told the guy who I was going with to track it, his dog not mine, what i thought had happened and that we would never find this one and we didn't. Anouther guy did the same thing with a doe and had already poosted it on face book when it got up and ran away.

You just may be right Doug. I am gunna shoot my nextfew hogs with Slick Tricks. I wanna see how those perform.

dougepooo
05-27-2010, 06:36 PM
well good luck dude. we'll all be lookin forward to nthe vidio

ggonzales
05-28-2010, 03:26 AM
I have seen the same thing happen with hogs and deer where they go down and people walk up to them right away and take pics or load them up in the truck and they regain their senses and get up. A buddy of mine shot a buck a couple of years ago, loaded him up on the four wheeler and on the way back to camp he stood up and it was on, needless to say the buck won and got away. Just a side note, I have heard Alligators are infamous for doing the same thing, and have even cause alot of damage after being hauled away in the truck!!!

CODY
05-28-2010, 07:34 AM
Great vid Dude, nicely put together. I thought you had one DRT with the bow for a minute there. I know that "there will be more from hogdude1234" go get em.