PDA

View Full Version : New Here

TurkeyGuide
02-17-2009, 12:19 PM
I am looking for any info on hog hunting and planning my first hunt soon. Possibly this summer or fall. Just hoping to meet some folks who can help with basic how to questions. I am a deer and turkey guide in North Missouri.I have hunted and killed one bear with a 44mag revolver on a traded hunt in Minnesota and hopefully cando the same in Texas someday for hogs. If I can get a hog in front of me at anything under 3-400yds I can make a rifle shot. But would much prefer a closer encounter with a revolver. My business and hunting partner is looking at booking a hog hunt in texas for us next year. I would like to hear from anyone who can help, but especially anyone who might be interestd in a traded hunt for deer, turkeys,or bobcats here in Missouri. I can provide great property forp 2-3 people forbow or muzzleloader deer hunts and for spring or fall turkey with shotguns, in exchange for any hog hunt with lights dogs or whatever on private land. I would prefer to use a 357mag revolver up close, but may also carry an AR-10 in 308. My partner uses a 45acp and most likely his 6.8mmspc. The likelyhood of seeing, hearing turkeys on a spring hunt is 99%.I can call for you if needed. The likelyhood of you shooting your bird depends mostly on your shooting. Deer hunting with bow or muzzleloaderis about the same.I can put you in a great spot but your stand setup,hunting and shooting skills are beyond my control. Predator hunters are welcome next winter, but I have no experience with it. Can put you on land where bobcats and coyotes are often seen but never hunted. All I expect from a hog hunt is a good shot at one hog, with someone who knows the ropes, and a spot to set up a tent and sleep.

txbhunter1
02-18-2009, 03:51 AM
Check out TexasWilgHogHunting.com