PDA

View Full Version : Public Land Hogs

btarzan
07-06-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm used to using an outfitter with feeders and stands or hog dogsto hunt hogs when I lived in Florida. I've tried twice in the Sam Houston National Forest with no luck. I'm seeing wallows and tree rubs by Lake Conroe. Should I get there an hour before sunlight like I do for deer or an hour before sunset?

txbhunter1
07-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Ihave hunted alot around Conroe and have found that the best place to go and it makes no diff what time of day it is, is north of Stubblefield. If you have a boat or canoe it is alot easier. Go up and around McDonald Creek. The one draw back is the palmetto's. They are really noisy to try and stalk in, but lots of hogs up there. Make sur eyo have a mapalso so you know where the private property is. Most of it west ofthe little fork is national forest. Bets ofluck man. Hope it helps you out a bit. There is one other place up there and it is right off of 1375 and the first creek crossing,(Caney Creek), just east of Osbourn Rd and north. It is a hike back in there but there are some good hogs there also. Lots of bottom land.

rusa7476
07-06-2010, 07:42 PM
hey gary i thought that the p/w said no more hog hunting in national parks???

rusa7476
07-06-2010, 07:43 PM
not to mention its closed to hunting until fall... was i given the wrong info???

btarzan
07-08-2010, 06:52 AM
The public land booklet said that hogs are fair game all year round. Just can't use dogs.