PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Areas

Jason
02-18-2009, 03:02 AM
I just moved to the bell/ coreyell county area seeing as im stationed at fort hood. was wondering if anyone knows of any area close to hunt on public or private land.

I could hunt on Fort hood but I dont like going through all the crap you need to do just to hunt and besides they dont allow night hunting.

txbhunter1
02-18-2009, 03:42 AM
How far do you want to driveand how much time do you have? Look into the Granger WMA. It is down towards Austin. Lots of hogs.

Jason
02-18-2009, 04:06 AM
how far from austin is it is it north or south of austin

would travel no more than two hours to hunt

Jason
02-18-2009, 04:12 AM
ok i googled it lol

not far from killeen area at all.

how many of yall hunt this and who would be willing to show me around there were to get the hogs. lol

CODY
02-18-2009, 04:12 AM
The Granger WMA is NE of Austin. It's rightnear the Bell Co. line. It does have lots of hog but it is a good walk to most good hunting areas. It is worth a try. I've seen lots of them in there. Some days you see none some days you see several.

Jason
02-18-2009, 04:16 AM
not scared to walk lol specially if its hunting . are you allowed to bait back in there?

txbhunter1
02-18-2009, 04:28 AM
Yes, you can bait for hogs back in there. If you have a small jonboat or canoe, you can access some better spots off the beaten trail.

Jason
02-18-2009, 04:40 AM
all i got is a 17 foot bass boat that id really be willing to use lol

i love to hunt so what ever i need to do to get to spots to hunt ill more than likley try just ask my wife lol. just glad my truck aint let me down yet or my foot leather expresses

CODY
02-18-2009, 05:02 AM
As of right now the river is to shallow for anything bigger than a jonboat or canoe. You could get up there a little ways with a bass boat but not far.