PDA

View Full Version : Newbie: Introduction and Hello

RoninUTA
07-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Howdy all,

I arrived here through hogdude1234 and dnahoghunter's youtube videos. I am an absolute beginner to hunting as I have never done it before, ever. I am interested in learning and trying out hog hunting.

All suggestions and tips are welcome as I have no idea what I'm doing. I do own a rifle, it's an AR though. Native to the DFW area.

If someone can point me to the beginners area, I'll start reading.http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/biggrin.gif

- RoninUTA

ggonzales
07-21-2010, 02:51 AM
Check out the forums and the blogs, there is alot of good stuff there. Hog hunting is exciting and very affordable in Texas, with all this wet weather we have been having the population is going to be doing just great and the pig hunting should get very good all over the state. Good luck and hope you enjoy reducing the hog population!!!

AbileneHogMan1
07-21-2010, 11:47 AM
For your first time hunting anything, I would recommend using one of the guided hog hunts listed on this site. They will be able to show you more in a weekend than you would learn on the web. You would be able to see first hand the setups, feeders, shoot your gun and learn how to gut your pig and care for the meat. That is if you are wanting wild pork to eat. Successful pig hunts make lifelong pig hunters.

riverhog
07-22-2010, 03:13 AM
welcome to the site, best place ot pick up ho-to of hog huntin--good luck

Hogdude1234
07-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Welcome to THH!!!!

Gigem
07-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Welcome aboard! If you have any questions....just ask! Somebody around this joint will surely have an answer! LOL

SirVival
07-24-2010, 07:22 AM
WELCOME!!!!

CODY
07-25-2010, 01:15 PM
welcome to the site, check out some or better yet all of the articles on the main page for starters..........from there if you got a question just ask and we will help out as best as we can