PDA

View Full Version : Boar 87 & 88...

SirVival
08-27-2010, 06:11 AM
Went to Coupland last night. Wind was out of the north which is horrible for any of my set-ups out there. But I have been skunked the last 4 trips, so I figured I would enter the sanctuary area and sit in an old 2-man ladder stand by a tank I haven't hunted close to for over a year as the wind would be better in that spot.

About 6:30, 2 young boars came in and literally dove into the tank. Roling around in the water by the bank 20 yards from me. My camera was mounted to a rail to the left and the pigs came in from the right. There was no way I could move the camera without them seeing me move as the stand is high, but pretty open as well. I shot the largerof the boars. Here is that pic...

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa296/GameFix/Dead%20Pig%20Pics/tankboar001.jpg

I let him lay as it was pretty early in the hopes thatmore might come in. Sure enough, at 9:00 pm a sounder of8 small pigs came in at the opposite side of the tank. I took the largest oneout. It was a sow.The batteries in my camerawere deadso I couldn't get a picture of the hog. She was a little smaller than the boar in the above photo. Maybe 60#...

riverhog
08-27-2010, 06:20 AM
nice hunt, good shot