PDA

View Full Version : Boy am I a dummy

venado
02-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Hello folks, my name is Paul known where I post as Venado. I just joined yesterday and I've been on the internet at a number of different forums for years but this is the first one where this "friends" issue has shown up. Would someone be kind to me and 'splain what this "friend" business is all about? The reason I ask is that I have a bunch of friends thatI feel close to as a result of many discussions on forums yet we never classified ourselves as "friends" which on first glance sounds something like a teenage term from one of their sites.

neilldavidson
02-18-2009, 03:40 PM
venado (http://www.texashoghunter.com/profile.php?user=venado) wrote...

Hello folks, my name is Paul known where I post as Venado. I just joined yesterday and I've been on the internet at a number of different forums for years but this is the first one where this "friends" issue has shown up. Would someone be kind to me and 'splain what this "friend" business is all about? The reason I ask is that I have a bunch of friends thatI feel close to as a result of many discussions on forums yet we never classified ourselves as "friends" which on first glance sounds something like a teenage term from one of their sites.

Hi Paul - thanks for your question. Justone thing to clarify is that even though TexasHogHunter.com has a forum it's not just a forum. You've probably noticed that members can also upload their own photos,have their own blog, post classifieds, share personal information, etc.As you can imagine, some people are notcomfortable sharingthat muchinformation with just anybody so the "Friend business" is really a privacy control built into the website that allows you to control who can see your profile, photos, etc. With that said, many of us werehunting buddiesway before the website started so I don't want to minimize the fact that we arefriends too.

By the way, you can change your privacy settings by going to My Home>>>Edit My Profile>>>Profile Settingsand/orclicking on the Settings button on the menu bar. Thanks again for your question and good huntin'!

Neill

venado
02-19-2009, 01:39 AM
Thank you Neil. Since my profile indicates that anyone may see my pictures/posts, I guess it isn't necessary to officially have "friends". I only intend to post on the forum so I'm not trying to be "unfriendly" at all but for me it seems a PIA to be overly concerned about what people see since I realize that the internet is an open book in general and what I post I expect the world to be able to see.

If anyone would like to look at my website with many hundreds of pictures, mostly deer but some hogs made the grade, here it is:

http://residents.bowhunting.net/awesomehunting