PDA

View Full Version : DESTROYER STRIKES AGAIN

riverhog
09-28-2010, 07:23 AM
another hog down with the destroyer - took this old sow at 4 a.m. this mornin-- made a beleiver out of a couple of guys last week, they both ordered destroyer lights

http://texashoghunter.com/oldatt/hog 004.JPG

Hogdude1234
09-28-2010, 03:24 PM
That's what I am talking about!!! Awesome job!!!

cabledad
09-28-2010, 03:27 PM
4 AM your tough.Chuck

txbhunter1
09-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Way to go man. I'll second that 4am thing. I was rolling over for the thrid time about then. LOL!!!

Gigem
09-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Good job Riverhog ! I can appreciate the 4 AM thing! I might have to check out one of those lights. (maybe I can get a discount....with all of the free advertising they get) LOL.

Keep up the good work!

AbileneHogMan1
09-29-2010, 04:15 AM
Nice kill! Your testimonial is really leaning me toward the Destroyer light. I know the 4am hunt...that's when I usually wake up in the blind to go to bed!!

riverhog
09-29-2010, 07:00 AM
i can't say enough about the destroyer, it has nearly doubled my kill rate at night, i work graveyard shift, so i up all night hunting, when i'm not workin, plus the wife has been in california on vacation , Thanks for the comments

ggonzales
09-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Nice looking hog and set up!!!

uc1
09-30-2010, 04:47 PM
First let me say "Great job on the hunt and Wow on the 4a.m." ......... (I'm Sawing Logs)

But now I need to know some more details:

1.) How far was the hog so I know the distance the light was working.

2.) What Color light were you using?

3.) Last were they on corn for feed.

again congrats on your hunt and thanks for the info.

Uc1

txbhunter1
10-01-2010, 01:23 AM
uc1,

You can go to this website and check out the lights for yourself. They work great. I have several of them from the bowlight to the destroyer. I personally have been able to use the destroyer and see my crosshairs all the way out to 140yds. Here's the website: www.sniperhawglights.com

WyoHunter
10-11-2010, 07:39 PM
I bought one recently and intend to use in Jan. when I'm down in Texas.

ARhoghunter
10-12-2010, 06:31 AM
Got the sniper months ago-my whole family has them now. Took a 150lb boar this weekend w/ it @ about 60yds. The sounder never moved when I lit them up w/ my red. You gotta get one-good price also.

cabledad
10-14-2010, 02:01 AM
Tell me how do you hunt,do you sit 50 yards from a feeder or do you put corn out of an area and play the light around.

Also when you kill a hog how long do you let the area sit before you hunt it again.I can tell your night time hunting pays off.Chuck

riverhog
10-14-2010, 06:00 AM
i set up a 5 gallon feeder with corn, and a hog pipe - i put a trail cam on the feeder to see what's hittin it and what times -- when the hogs start hittin it i put a ladder stand up. the hogs are noisy animals when feeding, they crack the corn so you will hear that, grunting and squealing if you have small pigs ; also the game camera will go off if at night, or you can add a couple of little solar powered night lights around your feeder. you can scan with the sniper hog light it will not spook the animals. i hunt it the very next night until the hogs quit coming-- i do not field dress any animals around the feeder

cabledad
10-15-2010, 04:51 AM
One of my land owners killed a big boar and he drug it around and around that end of his place and it seemed to get rid of the hogs,for a while anyway.How long do the hogs stay gone usually after you shoot one and they leave.Chuck

riverhog
10-16-2010, 07:30 PM
i have killed them the next night, i think it depends on how much hunting pressure the hogs have neen submitted to, after you hit a sounder for a couple of times, they seem to move away from that area. when this happens i will move the feeder and set up a new area, and i have had the hogs leave an area for up to 6 months. the big boars seem to just roam around alot, when i get one on the trail cam at the feeder i try and hunt him immidately, he might be gone the next day.Good luck huntin