PDA

View Full Version : Rifle barrel

cabledad
11-04-2010, 02:20 AM
I got my 300 whisper barrel from MGM and the hinge pin is too large for the hole in the barrel,shipped it back with the pen.I wanted to hunt with it in Leakey.The barrel looks great ,set up for a silncer 20 inches long,probley could have been a little shorter .With a silencer its going to be pretty long.They will return it fast they say,it looks great I can't wait.I am loading up stuff to sell so I can buy a silencer.Can't wait but I will wait as I don't have any choice.Chuck

Gigem
11-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Chuck,

That sucks! Don't you just hate it when you order a new toy, wait for it to come in and when it does, you can't play with it. I'm about to order a 300 Whisper upper and then we're going to start working on a new style of "over-barrel" suppressors....it will still thread to the end of the barrel, but the attachment threads will be recessed inside the can, reducing the overall length. I've got several customers that want cans for their 300's, so that's next in line!

Good luck and Happy Hunting,

Clark

cabledad
11-07-2010, 02:41 PM
I am planning on using a can type AAC maybe so I can use it on my 300 whisper or put it on my dpms ar 10.IF I spend all this money and time I want it to be as usable as I can.Chuck

cabledad
11-12-2010, 01:18 AM
MGM told me its due in today,Setting it up is a good weekend project.The bow hunters have seen some big deer on the game camera so I won't hunt hogs for a while so they can get a big buck.Let you all know how it shoots.Chuck

cabledad
11-12-2010, 04:01 PM
MGM says to shoot one shot and clean the bore for the first 40 shots.I don't understand it but I will do it .I ran out and shot it just at dark its easy to shoot,don't kick.I will go out tomorrow and take my cleaning stuff shoot it some with the required cleaning.Then I may go on a real good place to hunt hogs.I want some meat.Chuck