PDA

View Full Version : Rifle light

Tattoojoe
09-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Ok, I have a dilemma(sp). have a November hunt planned with Dos Plumas (ICANTWAIT) and was planning on buying a sniper hog light to add to the already deadly device that is my 7 MAG. But having just moved back from Taiwan moeny has gotten tighter than I anticipated. So i guess I have a few questions/concerns.

1) Do I REALLYneed a shooting light?

2) If the answer numero uno is yes...are there any cheap lights that work well? I really do hate cheap stuff for the most part though, bc you more often thn not get what you pay for.

The hunt is happening no matter what, just trying to make the best of it.

Thanks everyone

Joe

Cowboy45
09-16-2011, 02:37 AM
I am also looking at lights and I'm down to a couple. I want to get it right. I'm looking at the XLR250 from Elusive Wildlife and the ND3 Sub-zero from Laser Genetics. The XLR 250 is a very powerful LED light and is about $140. The ND3 is a laser light, not to be confused with a laser sight, and is about $300. They are similar, but very different also. I'm leaning towards the laser.........

riverhog
09-16-2011, 05:18 AM
check with Dos Plumas i think they have lights on their feeders, if so you will not need a light for your rifle, unless you are goin to try something else at night.

Green lights seem to spook animals alot more than the red, give sniper hog lights a look, total gun package is was under $160.00

Tattoojoe
09-20-2011, 09:23 AM
No feeder lights, but they are having great success with daylight hunts, so I think I might be ok.

SirVival
09-24-2011, 04:07 AM
Hi Ya Cowboy,

Before you plop down money on a red light system, I would encourage you to continue your research. Especially when it comes to the ND3 laser light. You might want to research it's performance in cold weather conditions.

Not trying tolead you one way or the other, but I've spent thelast 5 yrs. playing with,tweeking, purchasing, andeven building my own red light systems, and after all is said and done, when everything is taken into account, you won't find a better light than the Sniper Hawg Lights, (especiallythe newly re-designed Destroyer).

(Of course I'm biased on this one, but my bias is becauseI believe in the product's effectiveness and have hadproven results withit....)

You can never have too much information so please continue to research and form your own opinion. Good Luck!!!

cabledad
09-24-2011, 07:37 AM
I have an nds green light that does not work with my antique 3x9 Leopold scope.I have since bought both a big Texas boars llight and a Destroyer light.Depends what I am doing as to what I use.The Destroyer light works good if you want to point the rifle at what you want to look at,If your setting and watching a large area and don't want to worry about pointing the light I use the Texas boars light.I rate both as excellent.Long battery life rechargeable,give me either one and I will kill a pig.They don't seem to scare pigs.Now go kill a pig.Chuck

Cowboy45
09-26-2011, 02:24 AM
Thank you guys! I appreciate the input!