PDA

View Full Version : Finished Night Stick.....

SirVival
12-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Been working on this thing since Igot the rifle about 2 months ago. Think Inow have her good to go. Shot fairly well at the range today. Mihgt put a couple more boxes of ammo through her and then run some Tubbs Final Finish down the barrell for grins.

Need it to stop raining and the wind tocome out of the south again so I can see if it will work on the pigs.... We'll see....

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa296/GameFix/Guns/338001JPG.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa296/GameFix/Guns/338002JPG.jpg

APDbrad
12-16-2011, 02:14 PM
HOOO YAAAAAA...Christmas came early for big daddy. Looks sweet!!!!!

cabledad
12-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Walk quitely and carry a big nite stick.

cabledad
12-16-2011, 02:43 PM
I have a muzzle brake on my 45 70 and I wear earplugs when I hunt,they are loud. Muzzle brakes do work but there loud.

APDbrad
12-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Muzzle brakes sure are!!! Was at the range one day sighting in my shotgun (slugs) and the guy next to me was shooting a 7mag w/ a B.O.S.S. We both shot at the same time and it shattered the lights at the 25yd line LOL. We both looked at each other, smiled, and kept on shooting.

What kind of NV scope did you get Mike?

cabledad
12-17-2011, 04:14 PM
I wear ear protection when I do anything loud,cause I don't have too much hearing left.Chuck

SirVival
12-17-2011, 05:00 PM
I noticed it being a little louder than before it was on, but not really that much. I always wear ear protection too, so everything is always muffeled. The scope is a D-740, Gen 2. Would of gotten then Gen 3, but that's a whole other ball of wax.

The gun does kick ALOT less now with the brake and the stock. The stock actually has two springs in it to help absorb the recoil. I was skeptical at first about the whole spring loaded system as I worry about accuracy not only shot to shot after the gun settles, but over the long haul as well. I'm really a horribel shot and I need alot of things working with me, rather than against me. I went to the range again today to make sure everything was still tight and she's right on.

I have a piggie appointment tomorrow at 3:00 pm in the middle of a field. Wind should be coming out of the southeast by then, and hopefully all the sounders I saw last time will show up again. I think this time I'm going to drag the dead off, rather than leave them lay. I hate stinking up the joint, but the pigs are now wise to the program.

Can't wait to play with the new toy!!!!!!! Gonna see if I can video through it also. (Not the actual shot, just any kind of recognizable image) We'll see.......might be a long night.....

-Michael

(I don't fear the night, I OWN it!!!!) Oh no, wait, I think that's taken..... ; )

Tattoojoe
12-18-2011, 08:43 AM
That is a beast...

ARhoghunter
12-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Wow! Nice set up. You must have been very good for Santa this year or he doesn't like piggies very much! lol Let us know how far you can reach out & touch one with that thing. Hope you see some today.