PDA

View Full Version : NV Works.... (Grapghic pic)...

SirVival
12-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Tonight, Coupland, Tx., 6:30 pm, 80 yds.

The hogs have been gone from this property for the last 3 weeks. Tonight, they returned with a vengeance! I counted over28 hogs in the group that came in tonight. Broke out the new night stick rig on them and would love to say that it was a well orchestrated shot that brought this pig down, but that wouldn't be true. Fact is, there were so many of them all bunched together under the feeder that after 1 full minute of watching the action, I just aimed for the middle of the black mass and let fly. One dropped instantly one flopped around then got up and ran off, and I found a heavy blood trail leading off in yet another direction. They were all small...under 50#. But man, they wereeverywhere!!!!

Going to go back in a souple of days......Mother-in-law is in town and while I love her, there's only so much a man can take......

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa296/GameFix/Getapig%202/FirstNVhog001-1.jpg

cabledad
12-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Very good 2 down and millions to go.

ARhoghunter
12-21-2011, 07:20 AM
Every hog counts. Our cameras have shown some small one & 1 big boar but nothing is regular around here. The drought drove them off & they are just now starting to show back up. Nothing consistent & not much action at the feeders. May come every 7-10 days @ any time. Hard to make myself sit in the stand for that! That's why we have decided to buy some type of night monocular for Christmas.

SirVival
12-21-2011, 10:03 AM
I have one the was under $300.00 I have used for yrs. It's only a Gen 1 (really, if that...), but it always served me well. Scan the fields with the IR on, catch a gleeming eye, and then light'em up with a Sniper Hawglight. It is good out to 200+ yds with eye gleem so you don't really even need to know if it's a hog or not, just a critter. That's where the red light comes in.... ; )

APDbrad
12-21-2011, 11:19 AM
That .338 really puts the hurt on them. Thats awesome!

AbileneHogMan1
12-22-2011, 05:49 AM
Great pack shooting. Now I have my bucks down I'm done morning hunting. I'll start back on the night hog killing. I had a massive wooly mammoth boar on a feeder last weekend! I'm still covered in pigs. May go tonight.

SirVival
12-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Go get'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck!

00Spy
12-24-2011, 06:38 AM
That has got to be the saddest looking pig I have ever seen! Nice job!!!!