PDA

View Full Version : hogs

squirt
01-26-2009, 02:15 PM
If you"re gonna whack a hog with a smoke-pole and at night, you are gonna need a varnment light.

BWebb65
01-27-2009, 01:40 AM
I bought a varmint light several years ago that attaches to your scope and is good to about 100 yards.

I have hunted my feeder at night with this setup but nothing came in but a big boar coon.

I will continue to hunt late evenings and into the night with this set up until something comes in and gives me a shot.

Bill

countryboy
01-28-2009, 04:53 AM
I like to use a million candle light spot light. I lets you see father and lights more of the field.

Sparky55
01-29-2009, 03:43 AM
Went to the Shot Show in Orlando a couple of weeks ago and saw the neatest thing for hog hunting at night. It is the "Nyte Vu" digital night vision goggle. It uses a low lux camera mounted to the front of the display goggles along with some infrared LEDs. It gives a realistic view as if you are looking thru a pair of eyeglasses. You walk to your stand in the middle of the night and see just like day.

It also has a small camera that mounts to the rear of your rifle scope and has an infrared illuminator. You plug this into the goggles and it is just like looking thru the scope.

Had to have one so I ordered it at the show and just got it in yesterday. Took it out last night to give it a test. Man are we going to have fun with this! The animals eyes glow just like you hit them with a spotlight only they can't see anything.

Will do some more testing and playing with it. We're going hunting mid Feb. so I'll let you know how it works out.

You can check it out at www.jkoutdoorproducts.com (http://www.jkoutdoorproducts.com)

squirt
01-29-2009, 11:52 AM
I use the 250 yrd by Primo's. Can't go wrong. Has a red lens that pops on and off.http://texashoghunter.com/images/images/forum/emoticons/thumleft.gif

DirtyMike
02-02-2009, 08:01 AM
I tend to go by the moon light. The place I hunt is notclose so I schedule accordingly. A good scope helps a great deal also.

jebus
03-25-2009, 02:35 AM
Hey Sparky, can you tell us how that "Nyte Vu" stuff worked? I'm about to take the plunge. Thanks!