PDA

View Full Version : Blondie Bites The Dust...

SirVival
01-15-2012, 05:27 AM
Last Night, C-Land, Tx., 6:30 pm, 55 yds., Dusk....

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa296/GameFix/Getapig%202/blond2012sow001.jpg

ARhoghunter
01-16-2012, 07:36 AM
Nice shot. We are just starting to get some hogs back on our place. Went out last night & had a group of 3 come up to a telephone pole & play in the water rubbing that creosote on. Didn't have a shot & they never came to the feeder. The only direction that the trees haven't died!

SirVival
01-19-2012, 08:23 AM
Man, I would hunt that telephone pole!!! The best/most active spot I ever had was a telephone pole with a dished area of earth around the bottom of it where the hogs would always rub. I put a bunch of corn around the bottom of the pole one time and then it rained hard for a couple of days. What happened was that the corn in the dished out area soured as the water stayed around the base of the telephone pole. I had a camera on the spot and while I got to the area and realized what was happening way too late to do any good, the cam. captured what looked like every hog in the county coming to visit. Rubbing on the pole, drinking the sour (and I'm sure getting buzzed), eating the corn. They were all in hog heaven. Those poles are great spots for sure.

One time I also used my climber to go up a telephone pole. That's a whole different scary story. I wouldn't recommend it!......

Getting ready to head out now to Structure again to see if I can get another night vision kill video. Last time the group came in just at dusk, hopefully they'll be a little more wary this time and wait until it's dark enough to use the D-740. We'll see!!!!!

cabledad
01-19-2012, 11:15 AM
The place I hunted 2 years ago had wallows around several power poles.They were huge and well used.That was a hoggy lease,at least until I shot a few and several were killed on the road out front.